robby gordon

lreracing

Not sure what race you were watching but he consistantly wheeled his beat up #7 into the top 10. His pit crew isnt a top 10 crew so with that many cautions he was always pushed back into the field but battled his way backup time after time. Anyone else with the run he had would have crashed the field but he almost spun himself out trying to not run over a much slower car and that was at the top of the field late in the race. Easy top 10 car and driver today.

At Phoenix several year back I had the opportunity to hang out with him for about 30 minutes. He was running the Cingular car back then. My buddy and I were there talking to his PR guy, Robbie and several others when a guy coming down off the hillsid got his PR guys attention. We all walked over to the fence and Robbie signed several things for him. Then he asked will you sign the shirt I'm wearing which happened to be a anti Jeff Gordon shirt. Robbie politely declined and smiled saying "nope that one will get me in trouble!"

In the three times I have been able to talk with him he is a great guy. Obviously a business man, yet easy to get along with.

He is no kyle busch

Brad,

I will be man enough to admit the day has come. You and I do agree on something! Kyle Busch's whiney arse would not get in a Baja truck and run because he would get dirty.

Oh wait.... You are in favor of Busch... NEVER MIND! :lol:

Robbie has done things in Motorsports that nobody else has done or accomplished. In most racing crowds he is a man among men. He was told by dirt late model star Scott Bloomquist if he ever needed a seat in a late model again Scott who is a very picky car builder would be happy to help him out! Like most good racecar drivers he has a bunch that dont think highly of him nor acknowledge his skills/talents. I dont think that Robbie loses any sleep over those fans nor the comments.

Good reaction and great job of catching the car when a lot of others would have crashed, I'll give him that. Ya he also did it without a team mate yada yada yada. He still made a bonehead dicision to try to merge back in at almost 200 mph and still caused a huge wreck. i think anybody else would have just gone on down pit road and saved a lot of carnage. So good skilled driver ya i guess, good decisions no.

You will be able to make that statement against every driver throughout the season. Example Jr. taking his pole sitting car out for practice only to have it wrecked. Skilled driver Stupid decision obviously others played a role in him taking out his car but still Jr. could have said I am good sitting on the pole lets not take any chances.

well ya but jr didnt make the decision to go out and pratice his crew chief did. and that decision didn't wreck half the field. oh and by the way i do believe that jr's wreck in practice was also a result of robbie gordon making yet another bonehead decision.

He still made a bonehead dicision to try to merge back in at almost 200 mph and still caused a huge wreck. i think anybody else would have just gone on down pit road and saved a lot of carnage. So good skilled driver ya i guess, good decisions no.

I did not see him make contact with anybody. There is not one single driver on that track that would have just driven down the apron and let everybody pass.

Archived