position to deal with, but I would all so say you do have a circle of

people to converse with ( officials etc..) and you do make an attempt

to talk to the racers in which I have done many times. So I commend

you on your efforts . When I bought leroy's car I knew it was an

expensive car and things can happen that are costly, But I am a racer

and competetive in nature and love to race. So what ever the rules are we

learn to adapt and do your homework and go racing. Everyone on here has

valid opinions and thinks in different ways and as todd stated any form

of racing is costly so the choice is yours to the directions you go.

so let's all get along and go racing and have fun.

Tony Johnson #6 Mustang

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

poorboy

Good to hear from you Bruce Barber. You were one of the best Pro Sedan competitors to come from Corpus Christi and a good sport when you raced in the series. You won a lot too.

How is your modified racing program? How does its overhead cost compare to Pro Sedans?

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

hey bruce whats going on well no i didnt , remember that race you put me in the wall in turns three and four boy was i mad but on the last lap something was going wrong with your car . and i just needed 10 more feet but thats ok it was fun back then . but bill was fast he won . but for years the mustangs and other fords could never run with bill the v w 's of austin vee dee something like that they had 70 ,71, and 72 if im thinking right but it was all good and neil i know you have a very hard job trying to get all these different cars able to compete on a level playing field and yes you could say i pull for the fords good luck and hope youll make the right calls i just got under my skin when bill instead of just saying congrates to lalo he has to go running up to you saying he is cheating he doesnt have the restrictor plate

steven carpenter

cRt racing

Hey Neil, Actually I sold all of my modified stuff. Larry Smith owns it now. I quit racing or so I thought. I ended up building a Super Street for CC. Now I really wish I had my modified back, it's hard to build a race car using alot of these stock parts we are forced to use. As far as cost it is really hard for me to compare. When I ran the prosedan I spent everything I had, but when I ran the modified I spent what I could. By the way Steve I didn't put you in the wall on purpose. I think we were going around 2 slower cars and entered turn 3 in Sa 4 wide.

hey bruce i know you didnt do it on purpose we was a good competitor we could run fifty laps side by side and never touch but anyway whats the deal at cc now heard its becoming a demo derby out there more than anything what did they have two roll overs and totaled 8 cars in one night .well good luck running out there so did you end up with larry smiths car

steven ( crt )

Archived