bill and neil show

cRt racing

well people guess bill got his way after all . from what i understand he cryed enough to neil that now the mustangs have to run the restrictor plates again . i think its bad when u have a guy win 1 race and they find ways to slow him down just cause bill was crying well guess we know who the favorites are in the series well good luck lalo in the future races have fun racing for 5 th cause just remember if u win somebody will cry again and they will slow u down again

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cRt Racing - You don't know what you are talking about old buddy.

TPS was conducting a three race R&D period where certain Fords (#26 & #7) had been allowed to remove their 38x38mm restrictor plates. The plates are required on after-market head cars. Their cars were equipped with the lesser cabable Esslingers. We wanted to monitor on track performance by these two cars. Only #26 ran all three races. #7 ran one race.

The three race R&D had just been completed when LaBarge issued his complaint that no members were advised of this R&D project.

TPS made two official statements which fully explained the situation. (See TPS in Texas Auto Racing). The TPS rules allow for such R& D projects but don't require officials to advise the members. LaBarge was right. The post I refer to said that in the future, TPS policy will be to advise members of R&D projects.

I hate to spoil you allegation of TPS playing favorites. We never have and never will. What I will do is inform the misinformed, such as you.

Case closed cRt.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Neil, looking at the CCMS qualifying times maybe Bill's car needs to also add a restrictor plate? They both are more than half a second faster than the rest of the field. Now that Lalo has to run the plate it will just be Bill.

Reply to:

Turbo-Diesel - Thanks a lot for your supportive comments.

Jason - In the past 29 racing seasons, we have found that rules to achieve equity of performance between top TPS competitors in a wide variety of car makes and models must be based on a lot more than a two car comparason on one track in one time trial session.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

I raced for Neil in 95 and 96. The good thing about Neil is that he will always try to keep everything equal. It's almost impossible with all the different cars that run with the prosedans. The best thing about Neil is that when it is written in the rules there is no "grey" area and you will be DQ'd if you don't follow them. That is all you can ask from a race promoter.

Champ 1796 - Yes. Bill LaBarge of Bryan is the only five time winner of the TPS driver points championship. He won the title in the 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 2003 seasons. He has had one of the most efficient race teams in the series.

I thank you for your interest in Texas Pro Sedans.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

thats what i thought, not an easy guy to beat with the seat time he has, plus you know his team has done their homework over the years. Sounds like this is more of a "Mustang" issue than a TPS playing favorites deal. I am sure it is complicated to establish "perfect" rules given the different cars that run this series, although with 29 yrs under their belt, I am betting they are'nt far off. JMO

Champ 1796

So that all the winners of past Texas Pro Sedan Championships get their due credit, following is the list:

PAST TEXAS PRO SEDAN CHAMPIONS:

2004-Is being contested during a 12 race series

2003-Bill LaBarge-# 27 BMW

2002-Randy Lee-# 30 Ford Mustang

2001-Bucky Hutchinson-# 47 VW Scirocco

2000-Bucky Hutchinson-# 47 VW Scirocco

1999-Bucky Hutchinson-# 47 VW Scirocco

1998-Bill LaBarge-# 27 Honda CRX

1997-Bill LaBarge-# 27 Honda CRX

1996-Bill LaBarge-# 27 Honda CRX

1995-Bill Krueger-# 71 VW Scirocco

1994-Bill Krueger-# 71 VW Scirocco

1993-Mikey Cullen-# 70 VW Scirocco

1992-Bill LaBarge-# 27 VW Scirocco

1991-John Leonard-# 54 VW Rabbit

1990-Donnie Moore-# 70 VW Scirocco

1989-Joe Osborne-# 16 VW Rabbit

1988-Ricci Ware, Jr-# 1 Datsun 510

1987-Mike Boer-# 70 VW Sedan

1986-Ricci Ware, Jr-# 1 Datsun 510

1985-Bucky Hutchison-# 57 Mini Cooper

1984-Ricci Ware, Jr-# 22 Datsun 510

1983-Paul Jett-# 2 Chevroley Chevette

1982-Mike Boer-# 70 VW Sedan

1981-Neil Upchurch-# 76 VW Sedan

1980-Neil Upchurch-# 76 VW Sedan

Note:Championship not contested-1976, 1977, 1978, 1979

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

good info, now how about all time wins in the series? I am guessing it would have to be Hutchinson or Lebarge. I remember both from the past, but Bills name stuck out, that Honda he drove in the past, man it was bad fast. Been awhile since I have seen the series run, so i havent really kept up.

Champ 1796 - In answer to your question about all time TPS winners:

I regret to tell you that after about 600 races in 29 years, that is a statistic which we do not have.

I have all of the existing track qualifying records if you are curious, ask for them.

(Some tracks no longer exist, that is they are closed down and plowed under).

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

Wow, Randy was the first one to win a championship driving a Ford! Late 2001 and all of 2002, the Mustangs dominated the series. I don't think it was because any advantage was put fourth in their favor, but because Randy and Leroy did their homework. Esslingeer Engineering makes one hell of a 4 cylinder, but there is a lot more to it than what's under the hood. I think Randy's car was pretty dang good, considering it was a Pinto chassis. I would be curious to see how many Ford/Chevys have actually won races in the past. Judging by the previous champions list, the foreign cars have dominated for a long time. I wonder if any of the Ford/Chevy drivers were complaining about being the series being fair? I don't know enough about the history of TPS, but I am sure Fords ran all those years. Neil, I think you are doing an awesome job at trying to balance apples and oranges! Keep up the good work!!!

Tim

Of course you could always start a Pro-4 Late Model (rear wheel drive only) series? :D

Champ 1796

OK, here is my best guess about who is the driver with the most TPS series wins:

He may be Ricci Ware Jr or Bill LaBarge or Bucky Hutchison.

I cannot document that guess however.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

neil i have one big question . ok you allowed lalo to run without the restrictor plate for three races and without the restrictor he was able to run with biil labarge the two cars timed trailed at what 1 tenth of a second apart they ran bumber to bumper the whole race so why would you make lalo put the restrictor back on his car . it seems to me if you want a even playing field you would of let the cars alone so why make it where lalo cannt compete against bill's car right now u have really a close class with donnie moore, bill labarge and lalo do u really only wanna make it a two cars racing for the championship

cRt Racing

In answer to your question, I can't be biased regarding one driver, as obviously you are. I must be concerned about several Fords, not just one #26. We have many more Fords in competition and they will all soon be back on track, all with a 38x38mm carburetor or a 38x38mm plate under their 500cfm, which Nick Holt excellently explained in an earlier post.

Since you started this thread and indicated you thought I was favoring #27, a great deal of information has been posted right out in the open. I have been open with my answers and I signed all of them.

Also Nick Holt, Tim Lee and JMO have signed their names.

I think it is time for you to come out from behind "cRt Racing" and sign your name, say if you crew a TPS car and where you live etc. I think we all need to know if you are "playing a favorite".

If you won't come out from behind that cRt Racing handle, then I don't think I will be willing to answer any more of your posts. I think it needs to be a level playing field here on TSZ just like on the track for TPS cars.

Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans

ok neil you wanna know i'll tell you i have put it down several times but here it is again im steven carpenter , cRt stands for carpenter racing team i ran the 55 mustang at cc speedway and a bunch of times with the pro sedans and even when i ran the mustangs and fords couldnt keep up with the v w 's look at your past champions and u can see only 1 year a ford has won the championship that should tell u something the fords that was dominating the class that one year had a whole lot more in their motors than what was legal by your rules u just didnt catch them the year the fords won bill had built a new car so he was under r and d and hutchinson had retired if my imfo is correct

steven carpenter

Archived