Don Wright

Tonight, surrounded by his family, Don Wright passed away peacefully into the Lord's arms. We would like to thank everyone for their concern, prayers and thoughts during this difficult time. Don was one of the original founding members of River City Quarter Midgets. He was directly responsible for Bruce's involvement in Quarter Midgets during his youth and as a result Chris's and Jake's involvement as well. His passion and love for racing was an amazing gift that he was able to share with his grandsons. He was a 20 year veteran of the United States Air Force and plans are for burial with full military honors at Ft. Sam Houston. One of his last requests was for Chris to get on the plane to begin his Nascar career regardless of what the circumstances here at home were. He was exceedingly proud of what Chris has been able to accomplish and just as proud of Jake and what he is going to accomplish as a driver. Once the final arrangements are made we will let the racing community know. Again, thank you all so very much for the support shown our family.

Mary Wright

Mary,

Although I didn't know your father-in-law, I was very touched by his parting thoughts for Chris and his inspiration for your entire family. I'm deeply saddened by your loss, and please know that your racing family is here for you and all of your family during this very difficult time.

OUR CONDOLENCES TO THE WRIGHT FAMILY

I know for certain that we never lose the people we love.

They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision

we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.

We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by

having shared their love.

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven

where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down

upon us to let us know they are happy.

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, i'd walk

right up to Heaven and bring them home again.

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may

looking back in memory help comfort you tommorrow.

"Our heart & tears are with you"

James and Janette Huff

bruce, you and i both have had the same experience these last two month's. i know your feelings, let's take from what we were taught by our dad's and pass it on to these youngster's that we have, so that they can pass on a great respect and love for others. i am so sorry for your lose and hope that GOD blesses you with great memories, it's you know mr. wright to carry on your dads wishes. we love ya'll, del and pam harris

Services for Don are as follows:

Visitation on Wednesday, January 19 from 4 to 8 p.m. at All Faiths Funeral Home North, 8507 North I.H. 35, Austin

Services on Thursday, January 20 at 10:30 a.m. All Faiths Funeral Home

Burial will be at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas at 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon after the services.

Thank you,

Bruce, Mary, Chris and Jake Wright

Archived