set up help

hippyracer00

im working on the setup on my new car and was wanting some help. car is a 78 caprice w/350 motor and turbo 350 trans. wondering wat a good gear is to run n the rearend. had the same setup n my 85 cutlass but thei different cars with different wheel base. thanx.

Ill tell you what...if you try to type correctly and not like a 10 year old girl..I can probably help you out. Its my pet peeve (one of many) In case your confused...its the words like wat...ur...you get the point.....I am not asking for perfect grammer...just TRY to spell things correctly.

for the gear...in a pure stock..wheel base will not change your gear...so..what you ran last year will be fine...

as for setup...what is it doing? Or are you trying to get a baseline?

Ok, I point you in a direction and you are mad(using it loosely) cause the man hasn't called you back... Marc is more than likely busy and will call you when he can.

Otherwise go spend money with Chris & Gary Swenson and I know they will treat you right and set you up a fast racecar. Going fast isn't cheap!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

P.S. I could care less if you can spell, but be patient. Jumping off my soap box as I put on a few pounds over the holidays and it feels like it is fixing it give way! :lol:

im working on the setup on my new car and was wanting some help. car is a 78 caprice w/350 motor and turbo 350 trans. wondering wat a good gear is to run n the rearend. had the same setup n my 85 cutlass but thei different cars with different wheel base. thanx.

with your turbo 350 you should be good running a 4:11 rearend,that puts you at a 6:20 final.pefect for a purestock... B)

with your turbo 350 you should be good running a 4:11 rearend,that puts you at a 6:20 final.pefect for a purestock... B)

I'd put a 2.56 in it run it in first... let it eat...should turn 60-6200... or if you have a motor that can handle rpm then run a 2.73 thats of course if you have a 7.5" rear... if not it's a moot point...

Naw those 3 are just some of the best fender racers in South Texas

Sounds like it. I love the competition in the garage as well as on the track. One of the things that really endeared me to the sport IS the bench racin'!

Ill tell you what...if you try to type correctly and not like a 10 year old girl..I can probably help you out. Its my pet peeve (one of many) In case your confused...its the words like wat...ur...you get the point.....I am not asking for perfect grammer...just TRY to spell things correctly.

for the gear...in a pure stock..wheel base will not change your gear...so..what you ran last year will be fine...

thanx for all the help mark. really appreciate it. [edited out by Nick Holt, 1/13/11]

o.k. let me clean this up cause nick scolded me as i deserved. to come on the forum wen someone asks for advice and critisize my grammar and insult my ability to comprehend WAT UR words mean is just D***! who r u? the grammar police. i wouldnt want advice from someone who speaks to people the way u do. one of my pet peeves. were all different people. get over urself.

Hey he is only allowed a couple of checkers cause I am getting the rest of em!

Me get beat by you? That will be the day...lol Your gonna need more than a 10k pure stock for that....lol Just kidding

Dont worry I am your huckleberry better have brenda take away your pc before you dig a hole that your 305 wont be able to climb out of.

Hey (grammer cop - lol), not to be too rough on ya BUT - yesterday I was solving a tech problem via text messaging - found myself using them dreaded abbreviations as typing on the blackberry with them itty bitty little keys is rough. I understand the angst - but keep in mind, for those that use texting as a main communication tool the lingo becomes a second language - its just habit.

Kinda never thought about it til now tho.... although I will say once decompressed and on a real keyboard typing out is a relief. At least for me.

Just trying to get you past a pressure point - I know I feel it too sometimes.

Archived