TEXAS THUNDER RULE CHANGE

DAN MONROE

The only way to include all the cars that COULD run (TPS) would require a complete rewrite of the rules with some sort of HANDICAPPING system. I don't have a clue how you could do this to make it fair without costing a lot of money, unless you used either carb restricter plates or some sort of exhaust restriction.

And you guys who constantly get on here & argue about the rules doesn't help get your car count up.

One thing the Yocums' did when they ran the track was keep the car count up by having "TALKS" with the drivers involved. That and the appearence rules kept the cars looking good & on the track. If you have to straighten your car every week & keep it looking nice, you get tired of being in wrecks all the time. And if the common denominator in several wrecks is YOU, YOU are the problem.

So is there a minimum treadwear???

The changes are suttle but in the right direction.I would have prefered a little more even playing field for the front wheel drive cars but at least the rr tire will last longer.

BTW Cody your correct.I could keep up with a locked diff,maybe.Still a Ford class.

Possibly a 240SX with independent rear suspension.Can they be cambered as well???

If anyone is intrested RGS is racing this Sat.Thunder cars still have one free from DQ nite to try it if intrested.Charly won here when he tried it.2 races left this year.

Its been a busy year for me.Racing at 2 different tracks,won at both,lost at both,DQed twice,one car destroyed by brain fart.

Come on down if you can,everyone should try this track at least once.Its a drivers track.Handeling is the key.What you learn here will help at CC.Its not that far away.Any racers out there???

Archived