THR

Kathy

If you where not at Thunder Hill Raceway last night you missed some great racing.

We had a full line up of classes and I thought man we are gonna be here all night long, but with the great racers and the great staff that we have the show moved along very well. We were done and out of there at 11:10.

We had Trucks, Legends, Roadsters Late Models, Street Stock, Hobby Stock and Grand races last night.

And boy did we have some great racing too.

We had Bryan Meredith and Todd McLemore battling it out in the Truck race.

Our Street Stock Class had a first time winner last night with Marvin Buck taking the checkered flag.

We saw the return of Gary Chancellor in our Hobby Stock class and he took the win his first night out.

James Reeder stayed out of trouble in our Late Model class and took his second win of the year.

I might also add that we had 12 Late Models (which was a record over last years counts) that choose to come race with us last night and I Thank them all for choosing Thunder Hill Raceway. David Sevilla Jr. made his first trip to Thunder Hill Raceway and walked away with a 5th place finish. Not to bad with only a couple of laps of practice.

And Mark Chrudimsky, well what can I say, he finally got that big limo around the track in front of everyone else in the Grand class and took his first win last night.

The Legends as always put on a great show too. We also had the unusal Roadsters out there.

Well that is my take on things last night.

seemed like a bigger crowd than normal in the stands as well.

What is up with the car 54 in the LM class running at another driver when the other driver was out of his car, and voicing his thoughts to car 54? Seems dangerous and that he may have an attitude problem if you ask me. And also the other driver he made a run at, had a right to his thoughts. I'm sure he was tired of the 54 beating on his back bumper, and then spinning him out. Car 54, try the outside. It seems if you don't get you way, you make it your way. Clean up your act. I have seen this many times from you.

Next are there going to be any repercutions for this act on the 54 cars reactions?

Just my 2 cents........Todd has learned his style of racing from somewhere, and it looks to me like he is trying to tap the back bumper and get the car infront him loose so he can go to the inside. However, he doesnt tap, he rams, bangs, and flat out spins them out. Todd did put on a good show in the truck race, but the LLM that was..well I dont know what it was!

He may have done a good job in the truck race, so then a queston comes to mind, If he is able to drive clean and do some side by side racing, then why does he choose to drive so rough in the LM class? Is it because that his car is not as dominate as he used to be, and all the other guys have improved thier cars. If so, then maybe he needs to work on his car just like everyone else does.

Todd has always ran me clean I have not had any problems with any of the drivers

I race with.Every now and then some paint is going to be swapped,but that is racing.

I run everyone clean and would hope they would do the same for me.

BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Good post Kathy. There was some great racing Saturday night from the heat races to features. The Street Stock feature was spectacular as usual. We saw some great side by side racing and several times three wide with everyone holding their line and not wrecking. Marvin Buck was just a little excited about his win. Tough break for Cary Stapp (#99), Jerry Barnett (#55) and Steve Richardson (#03) who were all caught up in a turn 1 accident on lap 10 when Cary's car laid down some oil. Steve Richardson was upset with himself but it was unavoidable. When he hit the oil he could not avoid Jerry Barnett and the impact caused Steve's motor to burst into flames. I commend the safety crews for their quick response in extinguishing the fire and the clean-up crew for their efforts.

The Hobby Stock feature was exciting as well. The entire field raced side by side in a pack for several laps at the start of the feature. There were several different groups of cars having good races on the track. It was hard to pick which race within the race to watch. Matt Hodge and David Hassinger had another great night of side by side racing for most of the race. Not a bad first night back for Gary Chancellor who took the feature win.

The Late Model feature was all about staying out of trouble. It payed off for James Reeder when Leland Waddell who was leading the race, had car trouble at the end of the race and James was there to take the victory. Tough break Leland.

The Truck race and the Legends were fun to watch. Brian Meredith had to drive a heck of a race to hold off Todd McLemore for the win. The Legends race came down the the very end with the #27 and #8 cars swapping back and forth for the lead throughout the race.

As for the Grand Stocks, the were just Grand! I can't wait till we build that class up to about twenty cars.

Finally, congratulations to the feature winners in the Second Annual Charlotte Gurley Memorial Race. The family appreciates Thunder Hill and Chuck Licata for allowing us to celebrate the life of Charlotte and to continue to contribute to the track in her memory. I'm sure she was smiling down on everyone for the performance that the drivers gave on Saturday night. Thank you.

Greg

carmen, colgate, do both of you race, or do you watch, i can tell you watching and ragging on some one is different than driving, not just driving, driving to be up front banging around a bit is part of it, especially at thunderhill by no means am i trying to start something here. things like this happen at every track i have ever raced at , mainly at San Antonio Speedway if the drivers have a problem with a fellow driver let them take it up with the person that they have a problem with face to face without cussing and yelling. try it sometime, people are really not as bad as you think they might be. Its just racing.

Matt,

Yes, the engine in the 99 SS expired. Kaboom! Second one this season......

I wonder if Cary and Chase need a few parts to get back in competition? I've heard that the Stapps have helped out several other teams in the past. Maybe it's time to give them a call to see what they might need.

Nick Holt

Sounds like it was a fun night. So did Carry blow up or what happened to his car?

Matt,

Yep, like Nick said, this motor went South in a big way. From what I can tell by looking through the newly vented block, it looks like the crank broke. This motor was freshly rebuilt, but the parts were tired and never intended for long-term use. Our first motor was the good one with the new parts, but a broken valve ended its life early.

Nick, thanks for putting out the call for aid. One of our fellow racers and friends has offered to help us out in a big way by lending us a short block. If he doesn't mind, I'll soon let everyone know for miles around about his generosity. If we are back on the 19th or even after that, it will be solely because of the assistance of this racer.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered to help us in this time of need. :D:huh:

Chase

Greg - Thanks, I tried.

Chuck - You better watch out dude I heard they put a warrant out for you now. I spilled all the beans when brought in for questioning. LOL

Chase - I do hope ya'll get back out by the 19th. Good Luck with the new motor.

It's just would not be the same without seeing you guys out there running up there with Doug, Bobby LaFont, Bobby Teer Jr., Marvin & Jim & Don when he is there. You guys make it exciting for me to do the points on Sunday to see who is leading each week and who's closing in on who.

Hey JR, You may want to reread what I posted... I was not talking trash about him, I was mearly speaking my opinon about his conduct in the last race. And if you are trying to say that I may be scared to speak my mind to him personally, well lets just say you are mistaken. Thanks for his number, but I already have it, and have had dealings with him in the past, and plan on having more.

My thought was if you are going to dart at someone on the track, then lets just run over everybody?? How does that sound? Sounds dangerous to me, and what he did to the other driver looked dangerous too!!! If he has something to say, then that is great. But use your words, not your car. I know I was tought that when I was a kid.

Ps. This was NOT entended to be a Todd bashing post. Just wanted to know if there were going to be any repeructions to his immature actions on the track, or is that allowed?

to answer the question yes i do race not at this moment but plan on racing soon. I was not bashing todd ether but when you take somebody out because you cant get around him you need to follow him until he makes a mistake. you have done that before havent you JR.

Everybody is on here talking about Todd but what about the 37 coming back in the hobby class. It seems he is still out there hitting all the people he can and yet nobody talks about him all they talk about is Todd. All you people who are out there talking about Todd banging on people well take a look at all the other cars in the other classes that do that. I won't mention any names.

Archived