$3000 to win SAS/THR/HMS/TSRS LM race

Mike Sepich

Way to go Mike & Brian this is what the LM class is looking for.I know its tough to make a decision with short notice as quick as Brian & Jim did,but that is what it is going to take

to get these LM cars running with decent car count.Next time I beleive Mike would do the same for Brian & Jim if the shoe was on the other foot.

Now if we just had a motor to run.Darn THR curse how do I shake it?

jamie37,

So again I ask is the THR late models going to be rescheduled to race at THR a night they were suppose to be off. Again I agree it was a smart decision on THR's part,but still it's not fair to cancel the THR late models without rescheduling them.  

It would be great if there were an immediate answer to your question, but there isn't. I understand that you see this as not being fair to the THR Late Model teams and are requesting that a make-up date be announced immediately. If I have misunderstood your concerns, please let me know.

This all happened without notice and caught us by complete surprise. Can you please give Brian and Jim a few days to review the rest of the THR schedule before they make further schedule adjustments?

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Hey Nick,

if the Sa. show gets a big car count maybe then THR will add the late models to the Stock Car Spectacular for this year.

That would draw a lot of late models.

I think it was very big of Brian & JIm to go along with this.

I have always been interested in seeing how close the different late model classes actually are.

If we can find a motor in time we might show up.

Thanks.

Victory Lane

VictoryLane,

I think it was very big of Brian & JIm to go along with this.

I agree with you. I am very pleased to see the tracks cooperating with each other. This can only be good for asphalt stock car racing in the long run.

THR's plans for the Stock Car Spectacular are still on the table at this point. I know Brian and Jim are looking at several options, none of which are finalized at this point.

I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Nick Holt

Thanks NIck.

Any Chance I get I will make a plug to have Both Late models & Street Stocks in the STock Car Spectacular.

That is what makes it a great race is having our local guys compete as well as everyone from out of town.

I love to see the pits full of race cars...

I know we can get over 30 late models & 40 street stocks to show up for that race. TSRS dose not race that night maybe they can come race??????????? I know that all the fans I talk to would love to see them back at THR......... That would be great

That is another subject.............

I will watch closely to see how things end up with this late model race in San Antonio, and I hope it is a big success.

We will try hard to get a motor together to run this race.

We racers must take control of our future, and we must all support the efforts that tracks make that will benifit our cause.

Race on , and I will see you in

VICTORY LANE.............

We've put together a flyer for posting that highlights the Texas Challenge 125. We plan to take it to the printer today, and it will be distributed to drivers, fans, sponsors, etc., at this week's SAS races. In the meantime, I will be glad to e-mail a copy to anyone who's interested in posting it now. It's in Word format which should work for most of you. Just send me a PM, please, if you want an advance copy. We need everyone's support to help spread the word about this big race!

Thanks,

I have recieved several calls and emails about tires/wheels for the Texas Challenge on June 19.

You may use 10" Hoosier 2045 tire/wheel combination or if you chose you may use the Hoosier 8" F53 tire/wheel combination. You cannot exceed the track width as stated in the rules package that you are running.

Mike

I believe that the cars are equal. Joe Aramendia has won twice this year. Robert Barker placed third, Jim Creech driving Aaron Leddy's car placed in tne top ten and Todd MclLemore only made 4 laps before breaking but was fast. All of these cars are TSRS/THR cars with 10" tires. The 2 HMSP cars that have appeared have the potential of being fast but lack seat time and had handling problems. Stop watch times done randomly throughout the season have shown all of the cars close on time with no one car type better than the other. The greatest single factor was the driver.

Mike

If the car count does not meet 25-for the guaranteed purse,then what will the purse be or how will it be determined?

Nick,at Octoberfast last season we thought we had a car two tenths faster than any S.A.sportsman-and we had a driver with a healthy history of wins there.Our car (under T.H.R. rules)was not the fastest car.We were three tenths slower than what we thought we would be....We were not sandbagging-after the 1st practice we were stunned at how even the rules actually made the competition...

Sportsman by S.A. rules-Street Stocks by T.H.R. rules makes an even match...Plus any oppurtunity to race S.A. makes me very happy....

P.S. please give it thought...

Archived