Houston SuperSpeedway

sfrebel

Apparently, the Houston Super Speedway plans are on hold (at best) or dead (at the worst). The plans looked great and the website was first rate, but I imagine that the money needed to complete the project was hard to come by with no gaurantee that NASCAR's Nextel Cup series would ever compete there.

Nick Holt

I just looked at that website after reading another forum that made me wonder about that place.

About the only thing that seems sure is that they must have made some collectible items.

Otherwise, looks like indeed this was just another tease for all of us !!!

Hey gang,

Plans for Houston Superspeedway are dead right now.

There may be some kind of resurrection (sp?) in the near future as long as someone comes along with $$$$$.

However, from what sources tell me, Houston Superspeedway is "merely a dream" at this point.

Guest The_Greek

they should build a half mile high banked track in Houston, all these new tracks that try and mirror Lowes Motor Speedway thats getting old. im hoping they can get some more short tracks on the schedule. just my 2 cents.

I totally agree with The Greek. I hope the track they're talking about building in New York and Seattle, among others, are 3/4 mile, 1 mile, or something like a 1.2-mile track.

We need more SHORT track racing. We have enough 1.5-mile and up tracks. Plus, we have one of the best 1.5 mile tracks (TMS) in our own back yard.

Archived