Saturday night pay

sm44

Got a question I could not answer, why not pay each class as they finish the tech for that class? I have several mods that want to come down because they are tired of getting wrecked at other tracks but the one complaint is that they (I-37) won't pay untill the end of the races. The last time they pulled down they got home at 4:30-5, if the track would go ahead and pay as that class finishes (especially the out of towners) I think it would help get some more cars. I on many occasions have paid the drivers I know out of my pocket and then collected for them, but some of these guys I won't see for a while. Just wondering the reason behind waiting till the very end. I can't make it Friday night as my wife has other plans for me but will be there with the mod on Saturday.

Pretty close to nailing it Stephan.....There are some cases where the scorers have to go back and finish or recheck the results since the following race hits the track before they're finished(usually Pure and SSM with a larger car counts/lapped cars).

If they're busy scoring or reviewing results it's not always possible to summon up a runner to get the results that are finished down to the pay window.

They do the best they can.....

lets get modernized and get transponders! save time and accuracy-atleast for the larger car count classes? pure stock, sport mods ??? raceievers are pretty neat also they save on too many yellow laps!jmo

It maybe something that has been thrown around. I'm sure every track in America that doesn't have them has thought about getting them. I too think it would be a good idea, I just don't know how much it costs to get going.

1) Transponders are not fool proof

2) Still have to have manual back up

3) Some people might have a difficult budgeting them in

Personally I'm not totally sold on them.....but I do like the nice print outs with results though.....

couldn't agree more unless several tracks ran them like killeen, boyd and waco

I do like to see how much slower i am than the leaders though.....

couldn't agree more unless several tracks ran them like killeen, boyd and waco

LOL....I've never been to Boyd, but Killeen and Waco both still have two/three manual scorers and one lady dedicated to checking accuracy before posting them as "official."

You can't get that many people or equipment in the I-37 tower....LOL....Then I get kicked out.....

Archived