THR goes Italiano!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 3, 2004

3:16 Pizza of Kyle joins Saturday night fun at Thunder Hill Raceway

A second business from Kyle has joined the Saturday night fun at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Would you like a chesse-stuffed calzone with your pizza?

3:16 Pizza, which opened for business last Aug. 22 in Kyle, will provide certificates for three (3) free large pizzas for each of the next four Saturday nights to Thunder Hill Raceway in a new promotion for both businesses. Thunder Hill fans who purchase a THR program will be eligible for the Saturday night giveaways.

“We’re very happy to have 3:16 pizza join the Thunder Hill Raceway family of sponsors,” said THR Marketing/PR/Media Director Chuck Licata. “Douglas and Joy Bradford, the owners of 3:16 Pizza, were excited about a cross promotion between their business and the track. THR fans who buy a program – which contains valuable information about the track and its drivers, plus profiles on THR drivers – will receive a ticket for a drawing for a certificate for the three large pizzas provided by 3:16 Pizza. All of our fans will receive discount coupons to 3:16 Pizza, and those coupons will have specials that are exclusive to THR race fans. This promotion is going to last through July 3, at which time we’ll evaluate the success of the program for both sides.”

Licata added, “This is the second business in Kyle to join the track. We’re already doing a promotion with Plum Creek Golf Course, and we hope to add another Kyle business or two before the season ends. It’s very important to the staff at THR to work with our neighbors and fellow businesses in the Kyle community.”

Douglas and Joy Bradford, along with their 5-year-old daughter, Catherine, opened the doors to 3:16 Pizza on Aug. 22, 2003. Douglas, according to an article from the Kyle Eagle newspaper, received inspiration to make a change in his life in June of 2003. As he told the Eagle, “The preacher was talking about being a cheerful giver. He gave an example of a businessman who gave two million dollars for the construction of an aquarium. That really spoke to me. I thought if I had a business, I would give money to Christian ministries.”

As for the name of his business, Douglas said, “I want people to ask what the 3:16 means. It’s a reference to the Gospel of John, chapter three, verse 16.” In that verse, Jesus said, “For God so loved the world He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” Fifty percent of the restaurant’s profits go to support Christian Ministries.

The Bradford’s restaurant, located at 804 West Center Street (at the corner of FM 150 and Center Street), features a full menu of delights, including pizza, calzone, fresh salads, oven-toasted subs, pepperoni rolls, breadsticks and chicken wings. The Bradfords recently announced the addition of Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream to their menu as well.

Archived