smokey yunick

dy97

any one that likes to read and or likes racing history im sure some of you have read the book but Smokey Yunick's book "best damn garage in town" is an extremely good read.. especially since its just written by one of us any one curious about nascar history and or what really went on.. as far as smokey saw it should read the book.. also tells about the lives of the old racers and how nascar got started.. i found it extremely interesting.. so u all that like history and just some flat out interesting stories should read it..

That books on my to read list. He built some crazy stuff for the Indy 500. I read quit a bit and enjoy racing biographies. Somewhere on here I posted a list of all the books I have read. Need to update that list. Just finished a book about Tim Richmond and it was pretty sad the way it went down at the end.

the end is always sad. if everything is right you want it to keep going, if it's sad you don't want it to end there.

i haven't read it. my grandfather has it and i've been meaning to for a long time. smokey was someone i believe everybody could admire in some form.

That books on my to read list. He built some crazy stuff for the Indy 500. I read quit a bit and enjoy racing biographies. Somewhere on here I posted a list of all the books I have read. Need to update that list. Just finished a book about Tim Richmond and it was pretty sad the way it went down at the end.

smokey invented the (long tip) as he called it spark plug which was supposed to be a basic design for what we still use today.. im not a big reader.. but this book is definitely worth your time

It is an interesting read. If you are looking for political correctness, this is not the book for you. I also think that if yunick were alive today, he'd have a lot less friends.

A lot of people don't know this, but the company that published this book, Carbon Press, was formed by Yunick so he could get the book out exactly as he wanted. Most other mainstream publishers would not have done this book without changing facts and verbage; not to mention reducing potential libel.

For those interested in getting a copy, the paperback and the 3 volume set are identical; the only difference is the 3 volume set has a few more pictures than the paperback.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

LOL - Love this quote! Is this Smokey's or yours? We have the 3-set collection and definitely recommend for those who love working on cars. He was a MacGeyvor when it comes to engines, but absolutely not at being non-violent. Certainly wouldn't want to be his wife. Also funny as hell and didn't care what you thought about him.

LOL - Love this quote! Is this Smokey's or yours? We have the 3-set collection and definitely recommend for those who love working on cars. He was a MacGeyvor when it comes to engines, but absolutely not at being non-violent. Certainly wouldn't want to be his wife. Also funny as hell and didn't care what you thought about him.

It was actually written by a Texas A&M student in 2004 for the winning entry on the Presidential Essay Contest.

Archived