3 91 Mark Orth

4 20 Jason Fields

5 89 Bob Howard

6 37 Glen Port

7 24 Larry Schneider

8 92 Tim DuVall

Race Stats by Larry Dolch

post-4-1086126266_thumb.jpg

I-25 Speedway is a high-banked 1/4 Mile Paved Oval near Pueblo, Colorado.

And the United States Late Model Association (USLMA) is a Late Model Series that competes at Altus Speedway, Altus, OK, Sandia Motor Speedway, Alb. NM, JRP Speedway, Tulsa, OK, and I-25 Speedway, Pueblo, CO.

Nick Holt

Ab, I have had occasion to talk to a guy that runs USLMA on whowon. When I asked about rules between ROMCO vs USLMA this way his reply.

the two classes are very close other than engines(sizes), uslma has a open engine with a 390 cfm carb. rule. tires are different, we run good year hooters take offs. other than that i think that the two are very close. the only other thing is that the closest we get to down south texas is altus, oklahoma. we run there, alberquerque, nm, and pueblo colorado. theres a bunch of great drivers in romco, we raced against several of those guys in TIDA and even before that. it would be neat to get together once in a while. we have a 5000 to win in october in alberquerque, last year there were 47 late models. mix between regulars and southwest tour.. lots of fun. good talking to ya. if we ever get to run together and your there, look me up

Maybe some enterprising promotor could get the USLMA rep's and set up a ROMCO vs USLMA shootout!? :) Maybe for an after-season race in warm sunny Texas. Come up with a compromise on rules, like added weight or something so no one had to make that many changes or buy new tires for one race. OR maybe not! :( Anyone remember what EXACTLY the Big Shot rules were?

here the link to thier website. Seems like a nice organization. That ROMCO Vs USLMA would make for a good show but I dought anybody would do it.

http://www.uslma.com/

As the 2003 champion of USLMA, I will say in my opinion, its a great organization. The promotor has his head on straight, and things are always improving. There are things that need work (as in any racing organiziation), but all in all, the USLMA is going forward and growing.

Last season we averaged 18 cars per race, its up to 26 so far this season. The rule package is simple, and it works. The tire rule keeps costs way down compared to any other late model tire deal. Thats why I race w/ the USLMA.

As far as racing in Texas, I am sure that the USLMA would entertain any races offered, but they do not want to step on any toes (TSRS?, ROMCO) w/ other LM touring groups. A combined event would be a good idea.

As Rebelracewriter stated, we have a race on October 16th in Alb. New Mexico that pays $5000 to win. Thats our "Bigshot" race, last year we had 47 drivers from 7 different states attend!

Archived