USMTS Southern Series

storm'71

Anyone have any info on why all of the late season USMTS Southern Series events have suddenly been cancelled? (Well, with the exception of the 3-day show at HRP). Nothing is mentioned on their website...nor have I seen anything posted here.

Also, I'm wondering if this may be the end of the Southern Series in it's entirety? I remember a number of other Southern Series events being cancelled early/mid-year as well (i.e. Waco, Grand Prarie, etc).

Thanks.

PM

Anyone have any info on why all of the late season USMTS Southern Series events have suddenly been cancelled? (Well, with the exception of the 3-day show at HRP). Nothing is mentioned on their website...nor have I seen anything posted here.

Also, I'm wondering if this may be the end of the Southern Series in it's entirety? I remember a number of other Southern Series events being cancelled early/mid-year as well (i.e. Waco, Grand Prarie, etc).

Thanks.

PM

One mid year race was cancelled by track and at least one if not two other rained out that same weekend.

USMTS races are dropping like flies.....The two October races remaining were canceled because one track backed out and USMTS wouldn't come down or one race, the third track(105) closed earlier

Waco got rained out, Grand Prairie was in the middle of one of the three owner transition periods.....

The problem seems to be with the cost to get the series here.....They give the track two options and tracks don't make enough to profit off of either(down here)......Up north is an entirely different ball game and racing mentality....

Archived