THR sound limits

NickHolt

ratdaddy,

Some of the Dwarf cars tested in the 95-96 range and others in the 97-98 range.

The_Greek,

the day were an allison legacy car has to be muffled is the day that THR should close. plain and simple.

Your logic is simply amazing.

Nick Holt

What's the big deal, this has been in effect for over a year. If you want to race fix your car to meet the requirements. I know when you come to race you don't want to be turned away, but the same would happen if something else did not meet the specs. Everyone should know by now that when they come to THR that it's a rule. It's not like the officials or putting you on the trailer because they want to, they want to have a good car count. They are not the one's with the noise complaints it's the neighbors

It's for everyone's own good in the long run. I have been listening to race cars for over half of my life ( I do not have a problem with noise, with me it's a way of life).

It's a RULE live with it.

racingmom,

the Allisons want to race!!! and yes we will fix our cars to meet the sound requirements. Now that we know we have to. this was not the case prior to Sat night....alot of cars have practiced before our first race..And tested.

never heard that anybody was illegal up to SAT night.

whatever it takes , we will be legal for THR

Tom

Guest The_Greek
Your logic is simply amazing.

Nick Holt

what is the population of Kyle? what is there to do in Kyle on a friday or saturday night? my best guess is not much, so if you guys are having such a hard time with the noise factor in Kyle that u have to go to such great lengths to muffle dwarf and allison legacy cars...your fighting a battle you will probably never win. and when u do get all the cars down below 96 dbs i bet you the city people will still complain its too loud. how about making an agreement with the city folks to run the races no later than 10 o'clock on saturday nights. which means starting the races around 6 O'clock. and dropping the muffler rules, they just sound sick. just my opinion.

The_Greek,

I respect your opinions and appreciate your obvious love of the sport.

And thanks for your suggestions about the timing of the racing program at Thunder Hill Raceway. THR already starts at 7:00 p.m. and we work hard to be done at a reasonable hour. For instance, the racing program last week was completed by 9:40 and the week before we were done shortly after 10. Of course, there will be some evenings when dealing with oil from blown motors/wrecks/acts of God, etc, slows the show down. That's just part of the deal.

We are also moving the program around a bit so that the quieter cars (Hobbys and Grands) run later in the evening and the louder cars (Streets and Late Models and touring series) run earlier in the program.

Now may I offer you a suggestion? Instead of complaining about the sound of muffled race cars and predicting doom for THR, why not think of ways you can improve short track racing in Texas and take steps to do so. That's what many of us are trying to do these days.

Nick Holt

Jamie37,

It was a new car out for the first time, I think #90 in SS or Hobby.

Nick, David, and the whole crew are doing a great job at THR. I know it is tough for ya'll with this muffler thing. The show is going on great! And, finishing around 10:00 is one of the best improvements of all!. Keep the chin up cause it is gettin better!

I give the THR officials a THUMBS UP!

Mel

I would like to thank everbody that helped me try to make my car legal Saturday night.Some other driver made good suggestions and I looked at other cars,but i just did not have the parts to fix it.The biggest thing was the track people even helped,and let me use the equipment they had.Thanks to all-I will be back at THR with a quiet racecar.

Thanks SS#90

Mel, JLBAILS90

Great comments...

I felt bad for the guys in my Series as well as everybody else that could not race that night.

Yes , I was a little miffed- but damit- we are racers and we will do whatever it takes to race at THR. I can't change what happened or how it happened. I can change one thing though! my car will be well under the limit.

just for the record-> I was never against a muffler----just did not think one was needed on our cars. per what I was told.

That night is history, we decided to race on without our fellow racers for the fans and Mr. Riley...changes will be made , and we will be ready to race again

Come Thursday, we will be at THR testing--->DB limit

p.s. like Nick said, all it takes is one nay vote----

Tom H

Bob,

Try www.schoenfeldheaders.com they have an insert and a 6"&8" muffler will lower 1-2 db & 2-3 db.

Lloyd

The cooperation THR has received from drivers and teams in every class and from the various touring series has been nothing short of phenominal. It kind of reminds me of times when one of our fellow racers is in some sort of need. Everyone just pitches in and gets it done.

Nick Holt

Archived