trans question .

HiTech

have a 95 olds 88 ..3.8 ..70.000 miles ....low i know .....cars is in great shape ...problem is the trans has a hard shift going into second /somewhat slammer.. it was doing this when we bought it.with 63.000 miles ...now it is slow to go into reverse or drive when cold .....sometimes you have to warn the car up good for it togo into either ...after that its fine ..fluid is very clean ...no smell ..no slipping ....does this seem like its the convertor acting up .... or a valve sticking ..this car sat more over the years than driven .............thought aboult some trans fix .or lucas ....this is my wifes car ..so make her happy .then i can live in piece .......lol.... i know this is your chance to get back at me ..but please have mercy ..and give me some help on this one ...ill never ask for anything agan ....well till i need something anyway ...

Sounds like a gummy valve body (not to be confused with a gummy bear) - but I am no auto trans expert! This is pre electric lock up right? If a lockup it could be the converter - but I don't think the lockups were used until 97 (could be wrong).

Sounds like a gummy valve body (not to be confused with a gummy bear) - but I am no auto trans expert! This is pre electric lock up right? If a lockup it could be the converter - but I don't think the lockups were used until 97 (could be wrong).

i tried lucas in an old trans with a big slip problem . and drove that van for three years ...this is different ..just take alittle while to go into gear ..so really sounds like a stuck valve ..ill change the filter and fluid after the kyle race ..if it is still on .

Archived