**November 4-6, 2010 Fall Classic**

off the website

As many of you know do to the congestion of Special Event style races our 2-day Halloween Havoc event was moved to November 4-6, 2010. WE WILL BE RACING OCTOBER 30, 2010, it will just be a normal show. In keeping with the spirit of November the Sponsors for the event asked us to change the name of this event and so Jim and I decided on The Fall Classic. The second obsticle rests with the Late Models. The sponsor for this event wanted to give a big boost to the South Texas area Late Models but there were several other races going on Halloween weekend that trumped our Payout format drasticly. In moving it to November 4-6, 2010 all parties were under the impression there was not another Late Model race within striking distance to interfere. Turns out we were wrong, there is another Late Model race within striking distance. It is a non-sanctioned race but it still boasts a stout payout that we just can't compete with. With that being said the Sponsors for this event and I sat down and determined the best thing to do was to take the funding and divide it up between five classes and give all of these classes a piece of the pie. The five classes choosen were Late Models, Modified, Limited Modified, Street Stock and Super Stock.

On Friday night we will be running our Farm Trucks as a support class with an open invitation to the South Texas Speedways Bomber cars. There will be no entry fee for this class but there will be a $30.00 Pit Pass Fee. We are uping the stakes in this class, normally this class competes for a 6-pack of beer and a hot dog but on Friday night November 5, 2010 first place will receive a case of beer, second place will receive a 12-pack and third a 6-pack.

On Saturday night we will be running our Dwarf Cars as a support class. This class will have a normal Entry Fee with a normal weekly purse payout. Pit Pass Fee will be $30.00. This is an open invitation as well to any and all Dwarf Cars. You will be teched by your normal rules package.

Street Stocks and Super Stocks boasts an open invitation also. Houston area Hobby Stock, STS Pures and I-37 Street Stock are welcome to come and race as is. You will be allowed to compete under your current rules package without making any changes. You will also be Teched by your rules package. I will have to draw the line on 3-link and 4-link. THERE CAN BE NO 3-LINK OR 4-LINK ALLOWED! On the Super Stock side the I-37 Limited Late Models are allowed to come and compete as is and you will be Teched by your rules.

Late Models, Modified and Limited Modified rules will follow SOS Rules. These rules are posted on this website for your viewing. You may also view the Payout for this race under the Purse Payout tab along with the Race Procedures under the Class Rules tab. Pre-Entry Form is up as well under the Forms tab.

While we are on the subject of Payout Jim and I were talking and came up with an incentive, a way for us to say Thank You to those who come from out of town to compete. For any Specific Class of the five Special Event Classes that has a car count over 30 Jim and I will add that entry fee to the total purse payout for that specific class. EXAMPLE: IF THERE ARE 40 LIMITEDS THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL $1000.00 TO $1500.00 ADDED TO THE LIMITEDS TOTAL PURSE PAYOUT! THE MORE CARS THAT SHOW THE HIGHER THE TOTAL PURSE PAYOUT GOES FOR THAT SPECIFIC CLASS! ALL FIVE CLASSES ARE ELIGIBLE! For more information check out the Race Procedures under the Class Rules tab.

Well there you have it. The complete run down for The Fall Classic. Make sure you keep an eye on the Shady Oak Speedway announcement section as this will be the section all updates and information concerning the facility will be placed first. There just isn't enough time in the week to place it all the different forums so this will be the primary place to check. If anyone has any questions please call Kelly @ 361-212-7460

Just one of several 1000 to win races we will race in. Hope I am lucky enough to get rich!

There is The Fall Classic at SOS, The Texas Grand at Battleground the following week and USMTS at HRP the week after that. The Modified and Limited Modified have three weekends in a row to make some decent money if they play there cards right.

Well with not allowing the three link you just lost 2 i37 cars. One street stock and one pure stock.The pure is not 3 link. Can we get a clear reasoning why no 3 link? Its not like its kicking ass at I 37. It has raced there 4 times with an 8th, 1st,, 2nd and 5th sat. night.

Well with not allowing the three link you just lost 2 i37 cars. One street stock and one pure stock.The pure is not 3 link. Can we get a clear reasoning why no 3 link? Its not like its kicking ass at I 37. It has raced there 4 times with an 8th, 1st,, 2nd and 5th sat. night.

I think we all know the advantage and dis-advantage of both sides of this fence. The reality is based off of SOS Street Stock rules we don't allow the 3-link. Out of respect for our regulars and those that have rules compatable with ours that are coming in to race with us we are not going to allow 3-links for this race. I really wish we could open things up to allow any and every car to come and race with us but as we all know it just can't happen. I would be happy to talk with you further about this so please feel free to give me a call at the information below anytime.

Look dont take this the wrong way but 3 link is a big advantage if you can get it dialed in to work for you. If they allow that for you then they have to for everyone. And I know I dont want to bring a knife to a gun fight when someone comes in with a well setup 3 link period. And the other thing how can they loose cars when you have never been there? Dont understand that comment. For the most part its opened up enough to allow lots of cars to come from lots of areas. They have to draw the line somewhere and 3 link appears to be on the wrong side of the fence to run this event in street stock. You can most definetely run your 3 link in the super stock class but my guess is you wont because of the same reason I dont want to run against 3 links!

No they dont try to keep cars away. 41 street stock has come several times but his car is within the rules. I37 has invited our cars but we have rules to follow as well we cant simply run something that is clearly a big advantage putting their own local drivers behind the 8 ball. Honestly if you dont know how to setup the 3 link you are doing yourself a disadvantage. I am not saying that in a ugly way. What I mean is they are not easy to setup but once you do they are a big advantage espicially with i37's engine package.

No they dont try to keep cars away. 41 street stock has come several times but his car is within the rules. I37 has invited our cars but we have rules to follow as well we cant simply run something that is clearly a big advantage putting their own local drivers behind the 8 ball. Honestly if you dont know how to setup the 3 link you are doing yourself a disadvantage. I am not saying that in a ugly way. What I mean is they are not easy to setup but once you do they are a big advantage espicially with i37's engine package.

Since I own the car in question and called Kelly Cagle about 3-4 weeks ago and he said the car would be legal, let me say this car does not have the big heads and the cam is significantly smaller than the rules allow. The chassis does not have weight jacks. The only real way to fine tune the setup is with the 3 link. This car has now raced on dirt 5 times ever. I guess you're just scared!!!

'Since I own the car in question and called Kelly Cagle about 3-4 weeks ago and he said the car would be legal, let me say this car does not have the big heads and the cam is significantly smaller than the rules allow. The chassis does not have weight jacks. The only real way to fine tune the setup is with the 3 link. This car has now raced on dirt 5 times ever. I guess you're just scared!!!

LOL no that surely isnt it.

Since I own the car in question and called Kelly Cagle about 3-4 weeks ago and he said the car would be legal, let me say this car does not have the big heads and the cam is significantly smaller than the rules allow. The chassis does not have weight jacks. The only real way to fine tune the setup is with the 3 link. This car has now raced on dirt 5 times ever. I guess you're just scared!!!

You are right, we have spoken and I did tell you that your car could come and race because of the difference in the heads, the cam and so forth. I stand by that decision and you are allowed to come and race. I have no problem in speaking with any of the other racers with 3-links as I did with you, but as I have said to just show up with a 3-link and think it's okay to run with the Street Stocks can not be allowed. I have to have more information on the car or cars in order to base a fair decision.

I think that is more than fair as well as respectful to all parties. If anyone needs to contact me for any reason please call me at the information below.

You are right, we have spoken and I did tell you that your car could come and race because of the difference in the heads, the cam and so forth. I stand by that decision and you are allowed to come and race. I have no problem in speaking with any of the other racers with 3-links as I did with you, but as I have said to just show up with a 3-link and think it's okay to run with the Street Stocks can not be allowed. I have to have more information on the car or cars in order to base a fair decision.

I think that is more than fair as well as respectful to all parties. If anyone needs to contact me for any reason please call me at the information below.

Thanks Kelly

Archived