I-37 RACERS--WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

i37DirtTrackMama

This opinion pole is addressed to the I-37 Raceway racers; especially racers in the point race. Having had to cancel the race on September 18th and hearing the forecast for the week of September 19 th we are considering adding a make-up race for October 9th. We need to know what our racers think of this idea. We know that you racers plan your vacations, weddings, hunting and fishing trips around your weeks off and we appreciate that. What we want to know is if any of you racers, that are in the serious points races, would not be able to race on October 9th if we were to decide to have a make-up race on the 9th. We want an opinion from all of the racers, but especially from racers in the points race, to let us know what you think or if you have definite plans and this would affect your plans or the points race for the year.

We will want to make a decision by the next race (hopefully the 25th) so we can announce it so the fans are aware of this makeup date as well. If you know of someone that does not participate in the “Lone Star Speedzone Experience” please have them give Jim a call to discuss their feelings. We want to make this fair to all of you that have been loyal to I-37 all year plus we are not quite ready to end the season either!!! It has been a great year of racing and friendship and March is a long way off at this point!!!!

If you would like to discuss any of this with Jim, please call him at 210-367-6090. The final decision will be made by Jim and Eric depending on feedback and fair circumstances.

Thank you for your 2010 loyalty.

I agree with six pack, do a double points night this week and if you want do the following week also. If we were going to do make up races we had plenty of open dates prior to the end of the season. Let's stick with the scheduled dates. The IMCA classes for points ends at the end of September anyways so end our season as scheduled and if everyone wants to race on OCT 9th it would be a non points night and to have some fun. If you do a rainout date and run for points after the posted ending date there will be drivers affected. I for one will be out of town that weekend.

how about the next race we do double main event and no heat races and do a top 10 invert in each class the 1st race regular points and the 2ed double points

if you decide to do a double race on this night does this mean there will be a double payout or what race will we get the payout for. it sounds like a good idea to have the 2 races on this night. you can count on us being thier no matter what you decide on.

Great idea! I'm ready to do a little more racing, but I have defensive driving on the 9th haha, but should be able to make the race. Let's go racing!

Cancel that, I think corpus christi speedway is having a big race on that night...but not sure if its the same night.

i dont think they can give double the money if you look at it the way i said early you would actually get triple the points single in 1st main and double in the 2 race besides you dont get paid for a heat race anyways all this is 4 is to make the championship even in points i have not talked to jim about this or do i have a say so it just my opinion on this topic

post-9510-1284943438.gif

I was thinking more in the line of our normal show with 1 feature per class with the points being doubled. If we ran two features in the pures, streets and the limited late models we would be running the show way to late and the spectators wouldn't stay. There's no way that we would get paid twice in one nite. I don't think IMCA would allow double points or a double feature without getting prior approval. (I believe the last statement is correct)

Archived