I'm impressed

jwmbishop

I just stepped out of the office for a cigarette - yea I know bad habit - and saw a car on jack stands in my parking lot. This is strange as all we have here is us, a restaraunt and a tanning salon - nothing automotive. As I and my crew work dilligently to keep the lot clean and well maintain I was concerned as this is just not really acceptable.

Apparently the 75 caprice lost it's starter and the owner had a friend give a ride to the parts store for parts and small tools to replace it - auto so no bump start. Okay I understand crisis and can't say much - but in this case had to go with it cuz I am just SO impressed with the owner doing the work.

A 19 year old GIRL - not doing by choice but by necessity - step by step from the chilton book! Even my own daughter is one that would bat the eyelashes and find someone to do for her - and she has been around cars and knows ten time more than a lot of her male friends in the same age group!

I would have (I have totaled a few clothes helping at the side of the road - even bought a tire for one gal and her folks brought me all their business - ended up as an awesome client) - but we gave the staff the day off and my partner did not come in until noon leaving me running 6 phone lines in a district office by myself (thank God for headsets). By the time I was able she was done - she did pop in and let me know she was done and I could tell how proud she was when it fired up!.

About 10 years ago I was in autozone on a friday night and there was a young couple in line in front of me and both of them were covered in grease from head to toe. I could not help but to think what a lucky guy.

i manage to get my wife out to the shop one night .to help build a motor ..just to see her get those finger nails dirty .....

Archived