Bill White

txtom

Had a great visit with Bill White Friday night in Waco. He was there watching Keith sweep the Modified features. Guess we spent an hour or more talking about all kinds of racing, especially old racing. He looks great, is getting around good, still sharp as a tack, and still one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

And one grandstand over was Gordon Wooley taking in the action. He left before I got to talk to him.

Here is Bill with my Dad and Grandson:

post-21-1282697217.jpg

I think that is one of Keith's pit guys. Got to talk with Keith also, and he is a great vivit every time I see him. This was the first time for Keith and Bill meeting my Dad and Michael, and they all talked like they had known each other forever.

You're right, Champ, Bill is a hero, and a damn nice one at that. His style with people has not changed since I first met him in the mid-70's at Pan Am.

I think that is one of Keith's pit guys. Got to talk with Keith also, and he is a great vivit every time I see him. This was the first time for Keith and Bill meeting my Dad and Michael, and they all talked like they had known each other forever.

You're right, Champ, Bill is a hero, and a damn nice one at that. His style with people has not changed since I first met him in the mid-70's at Pan Am.

I am just messin with the crazy guy in the background in case he reads this stuff. He is a very important part of Keiths operation, and like everyone associated with Keith, very nice to visit with.

And any time hanging with Bill White is a good time. 5 minutes or an hour, its always great to visit with him. A genuine nice guy who will talk with anyone and considers himself just a good ole boy. Its no suprise to see Keith and Paul are the same way. What a great family!

I met Bill White & Gordon Wooley in the late 60's at Meyerland Speedway in Houston.Bill drove the #2 modified for Macon-Kelley out of West Columbia.Gordon was driving for Pancho Locklin from Pasadena.They are both super people and also two of the best racers to ever race.Just look at their past records,not only local,but what they did on the national level.I got to spend a week in Little River hanging out at Bill White's garage.His family treated me like family.I even went to Waco with them to watch Bill race.It's great to see they are doing good and still involved in supporting racing.

Archived