Thank you to John and Sarah Mandabach

I want to take a moment to thank John and Sarah Mandabach.....Last night after the race, we were headed to the hotel when the strong smell of diesel filled the cab and smoke started pouring out the truck. We managed to pull into the Denny's on Beltway 8 and discovered that a fuel injector line had split and was pumping fuel straight out onto the engine. In order to regroup, we decided to get a bite to eat while we discussed what to do. Eating there were John and Sarah having a quiet dinner. They saw us and said hi, and we explained the situation. John and Sarah volunteered to cut their evening short and use their vehicles to tow both the race truck and trailer AND our tow rig to the hotel. John towed our rig with a tow strap and Aaron drove John's truck with the trailer, and we were able to get a good night's sleep instead of sleeping in the truck.

You hear all the time about "Family" and "Racing Family", but there are occasions when the actions truly highlight the meaning of these words. I can't thank John and Sarah enough for taking some of their much needed "THEM" time and helping us out. These are two truly wonderful people who are class acts and a blessing to not only the racing community but to us. THANK YOU AGAIN!!

We used to tow from El Cajon Ca to Tecate Mexico on Friday nite and race So Bay on Sat nite. One night on the way back from Tecate the tow veh broke the differential. In the middle of Mexico NoWhere at 2am!

Simple solution. We welded the truck bumper to the race car and winched the truck onto the trailer. I was 9 or 10 and small enough to sit in the cage on the pass side of the race car with a spot light. The border crossing agents laughed so hard it was unreal (and promised not to alert the highway patrol)!

I want to take a moment to thank John and Sarah Mandabach.....Last night after the race, we were headed to the hotel when the strong smell of diesel filled the cab and smoke started pouring out the truck. We managed to pull into the Denny's on Beltway 8 and discovered that a fuel injector line had split and was pumping fuel straight out onto the engine. In order to regroup, we decided to get a bite to eat while we discussed what to do. Eating there were John and Sarah having a quiet dinner. They saw us and said hi, and we explained the situation. John and Sarah volunteered to cut their evening short and use their vehicles to tow both the race truck and trailer AND our tow rig to the hotel. John towed our rig with a tow strap and Aaron drove John's truck with the trailer, and we were able to get a good night's sleep instead of sleeping in the truck.

You hear all the time about "Family" and "Racing Family", but there are occasions when the actions truly highlight the meaning of these words. I can't thank John and Sarah enough for taking some of their much needed "THEM" time and helping us out. These are two truly wonderful people who are class acts and a blessing to not only the racing community but to us. THANK YOU AGAIN!!

You are so very welcome, glad we could help! I know without a doubt you would have done the same for us!!! =) See you soon!!

Sarah Mandabach

Archived