Red Skelton

Mel

Thanx Mel, As a military veteran, this means alot to me. This follows along the same lines as our National Anthem. It really bothers me when people do not respect the playing of this great song. I see it everywhere, ball games, on tv and yes, even at our own track. God Bless America. Lenny66 B)

I was watching "The Red Skelton" show when he did this. He was a true American along with John Wayne. I always admired him and enjoyed him and his shows. All school children should be required to watch this and it would do a lot of adults good to watch it. Great piece. Thanks for putting it on for all of us to enjoy and where in the world did you find this? To show how old this is note that he makes reference to 48 states. That also shows how old I am and the fact that I was watching it when it was on.

I was watching "The Red Skelton" show when he did this. He was a true American along with John Wayne. I always admired him and enjoyed him and his shows. All school children should be required to watch this and it would do a lot of adults good to watch it. Great piece. Thanks for putting it on for all of us to enjoy and where in the world did you find this? To show how old this is note that he makes reference to 48 states. That also shows how old I am and the fact that I was watching it when it was on.

A friend sent it to me and while I was watching it my 8 yr. old walked up behind me and started reciting the pledge along with Red. I have to say my chest swelled up almost as large as my tummy! Well after that I just had to share.

Mel

oh my .how you have made me feel older ......i to watched that night in 1969 .... old red was one of my favorite shows .along with laugh in .. flip wilson ..and only three chanels to watch ..with the click of a dial and rabbit ears ..back when busing was going on ..back when girls were just getting the rights to wear pants to school ..when it was down around 50 degrees ...and a slew of other thing.s man do i miss those days .. ..prayer in school was legal ...i was making pattle boards for the teachers ...that was legal then too ..and it worked ..noone wanted to get popped with one of those .with holes drilled through em ...i still feel it ..lol i remember my back side with red pokie dots .....

Archived