Lets consider how to get more Street Stocks!

i don't think either one of these cars will come to this track. the #40 will not , we have talked about it .now the #4 i don't know, the driver has drove other cars their, don't know if owner will travel. if he did he would also bring his purestock.which would mean more cars for better car counts.

i don't think either one of these cars will come to this track. the #40 will not , we have talked about it .now the #4 i don't know, the driver has drove other cars their, don't know if owner will travel. if he did he would also bring his purestock.which would mean more cars for better car counts.

DOITINTHEDIRT we would bring both cars as you stated if we could do it as is or with minimal changes, and I mean minimal. If we win so be it . If we get our a$$e$$ kicked so be it. We would then know where these cars stood against one another. Ask your track and get back to us please.

Big deal is if he is taking full advantage of his i37 motor rules then he can easily make 50 hrp or more. Lets say he isnt using the rules all out dont know if he is or isnt. If you allow i37 street stock rules with no changes then maybe not Wade but someone else could easily take full advantage of their engine rules and come dominate. And whose to say that might not be Wade if he got a different full out motor. Also STS pure stocks are at a disadvatage motor and chassis wise so you would never want to make them add any weight just come race and you may even consider giving them a weight break! Other wise you will never see any STS Pure Stocks come race.

When they say different animal in means they can run the following...

3 link rear suspension

weight jacks

externally mounted shocks

performer intake manifold or marine intake

roller rockers

62 cc heads

2 valve relief pistons

max .540 lift cam

Now this doesn mean those guys are running all this stuff no but its legal for them to do so. Also I Stocks I believe are allowed on a 390 cfm carb. We had a motor built to these rules 2 years ago to run at i37. When we go to SOS we have to run Super Stock because of the differences.

When we come race at sos or edna we try to get everything legal for the class, and no 3 link rear suspesion added 100 lbs already weighing 3300lbs, and half of what you listed we have less of not of choice just because is what we had at the time and times are hard right now, but all do respect i love running 10 in tires, but think the 10 inch tires have a big advantage over 8 inch tires. We put 10 inch tires and changed transmissions and did pretty good against latemodels. I think it would be great for i37 change to the 10 in tires, but thats jmo.

Yea that would be cool because that is one of the most obvious differences. Espicially at SOS where the water truck just doesnt seem to ever stop. I think on a dry slink track it might be alot difference. Anyhow I am sure one way or another we will all get to run against each other real soon and maybe at each others home track.

The Lone Star Speedzone forums were never intended to be a soapbox for folks with complaints about this or that. I have removed/edited several posts in this thread that were complaints about the track preparation.

And for those who say that they are just expressing an opinion, after 8 years of moderating these LSS forums, most of the time I can tell the difference between a complaint and a positive suggestion.

Bottom line: If anyone has a complaint to lodge about a track or its management, take it in person to the folks who can actually do something about the complaint.

Thanks for keeping things positive as possible.

Nick

akunkle

hey i saw your yellow camaro drug out in the weeds over there.. .. do you wana sell it?

daniel - street stock 97

I really dont wanna get rid of it I want to keep it for a backup are you looking for another car I have another camaro but it doesnt have a cage or anything

I really dont wanna get rid of it I want to keep it for a backup are you looking for another car I have another camaro but it doesnt have a cage or anything

I have a cage for a 70-81 camaro if your interested. Mite even have a sit also. Pm me and let me know i need it gone.

thanks Mikey

akunkle

hey i saw your yellow camaro drug out in the weeds over there.. .. do you wana sell it?

daniel - street stock 97

im not really looking to build another car from scratch.. the regal i have now started with interior and everything.. i dont wana ever do that crap again.. but no i was asking for my brother he wants to come to our class .. i have the el camino sitting here at the house for him we are probably gonna put it back together.. but i couldnt see letting the camaro go to waste if you werent gonna use it as its a MUCH better start than that big elky .. thanks for the reply.. if you change your mind let me know .. and thanks to you too mikey.. but i dont want to go that route

[put the elcamino in pure stock class

eh we arent sure where that class is headed.. its back and forth.. the car was a "pure stock" last year if you want to call it that.. . . but we both want to be in the same class.. its just gonna have to go on a diet ..

eh we arent sure where that class is headed.. its back and forth.. the car was a "pure stock" last year if you want to call it that.. . . but we both want to be in the same class.. its just gonna have to go on a diet ..

i heard they may call it " EXOTIC" kind of run what you bring it seems a few r doing this anyway kind of open rules

i heard they may call it " EXOTIC" kind of run what you bring it seems a few r doing this anyway kind of open rules

isnt that all classes ? :lol:

DOITINTHEDIRT we would bring both cars as you stated if we could do it as is or with minimal changes, and I mean minimal. If we win so be it . If we get our a$$e$$ kicked so be it. We would then know where these cars stood against one another. Ask your track and get back to us please.

I spoke with Kelly Cagle the other day about bringing our I37 Street stock(now#96) down for the Havoc. He confirmed that we could run it and we'd be teched by the I37 rules. We'll be there!

Archived