CCMS 5/22/04

Being a house wife is a hard job too. I have been managing to do both for 4 seasons of racing . Our car is

not the one with a handling problem and as far as doing

body work thats on hold for a while till things in general settle down in the class.Hopefully the wed. meeting will be able to address this matter.

if yours is the car I think it is I had the pleasure of racing with your wife

she did a fine job racing. AS for the 04 car that is not handling well you can only build a car to do so much & after

that the driver has to control his car I promise you this if the drivers of the 53 or the 36 car were to drive the car you would see a differnce in its performance.

Well Racer26 I never said your car was not fast or looked bad actually your car is a nice looking car. All I am saying is this housewife and many others work on our cars, it is a family thing. I also have 2 children and a boxer pup not sure what being a housewife has to do with anything. There are a lot of housewives who have learned to work on there own cars as well, I am one. Just so I did not have to pay someone else to do it an so I did not ever get screwed by the shaddy machacnics out there. I am just saying while our husbands our doing the machanical work on the cars we do the cosmetic so I think we have room to talk. As you know blood, sweat and tears go into body work as well.

As for making our cars handle well, they handle real well as long as they aren't getting tore up.

Like I said it don't matter unless you have been out there with us and I am not hear to argue with ya. It is a fact that over the last few weeks there have been some cars in all 3 classes tore up and the drivers need to get a handle on it and not try to run to the front of the pack in the first lap. There is no need to have all these cars tore up.

Don't ya think that maybe that is why CC is haveing drivers meetings on Wen. and Thurs. for the Bombers and the SS. The thunders don't run next weekend so no hurry there. I guess I must not be the only one seeing this and we have no cars in the SS class so that has nothing to do with us.

And again, Owen and his staff are doing a great job and they sure can not control all the out of hand driving and drivers at one time and I understand that.

I never said anything bad about the track or any one driver it is a bunch of drivers and they just need to chill out and some are rookies who need to chill. I do understand a rookie is a rookie and I feel bad for them in the bomber class. I know some of them do not know how to set up a car and it takes time to figure it out but if you know your car is not handling then slow down. I sure wish they would have put a rookie class in at cc but they did not so I have no idea of how to get all the wrecks to slow down but I am sure it will be brought up at the meetings this week. Maybe there are just more rookies this season then other seasons I do not know but I do know for a fact there are some cars gone from all classes due to wrecks. And I am not saying it is just the rookies or blaming them either. It is just a problem. But y'all can go ahead and say what ya want about my whinning.

Tina,

You have to understand that some cars gone from a track because of wrecks is a just a thing you have to deal with in racing. I think of it like a cycle. Some guys may wreck one week and then will try to return when they can. Others wreck the next week and so on. In a BOMBER class you are going to have this. That is why they are called BOMBERS. This class is a rookie class but it also has a lot of experienced guys. Why start a rookie class when this "pure stock" type class is the rookie class all over the country! If there are too many rookies why not move up to Super Street. I am sure you could afford the 4 tires for it. There are some guys in Bombers that I have seen out there for a few years and are still all over the track. Being a rookie is not the issue. Again, can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I am done with this post because it is a never ending struggle. Can't believe I am on here arguing with two racers wives who complain every week. Damn I feel stupid.

Jason

In a BOMBER class you are going to have this.

Jason, just because it's called a bomber class, doesn't mean it has to be a rolling demo derby. Ultimately THE DRIVER is responsible for the actions of his car, not the name of the class.

If there are too many rookies why not move up to Super Street. I am sure you could afford the 4 tires for it.
I'm sure it would take a little more than just 4 tires!

I swear, let a guy race one time, in a "loaded" two car race, and all of a sudden he becomes an expert! Sheesh! :lol:;):P LOL

Hello everyone, alot has been said since my first post. I would like to add my one cent!! In 1993 Donnie,started the Wallbangers,they were like the Grand Class at Thunder Hill.Over the years the name was changed to Bombers this was in 1999.Since then the bombers have had lots added and they are fast. Actually I think some of them could run with the super streets,oh they wouldn't win but thats how fast this class has gotten. Yes,this class is for beginners,Rookies and yes there are some drivers that have been in this class long time. Perhaps Jason,has only driven once,but the kid does make good sense. I really liked his post.The bomber class is for beginners,but then there are really expericed drivers in this class. I don't know why!!!

This bomber class was a new begining for the old cc speedway.I do think thats the key to Thunder Hill and other tracks,start at the bottom and go up from there.It worked for us. Well thats my one cent!

Carol Yocum

The bomber class is for beginners,but then there are really expericed drivers in this class. I don't know why!!!

Most likely because they just want to have some cheap fun. Something to do on Saturday night rather then sit at home.

In a BOMBER class you are going to have this.

Jason, just because it's called a bomber class, doesn't mean it has to be a rolling demo derby. Ultimately THE DRIVER is responsible for the actions of his car, not the name of the class.

If there are too many rookies why not move up to Super Street. I am sure you could afford the 4 tires for it.
I'm sure it would take a little more than just 4 tires!

I swear, let a guy race one time, in a "loaded" two car race, and all of a sudden he becomes an expert! Sheesh! :lol:;):P LOL

Thank you very well said .

The bomber class is for beginners,but then there are really expericed drivers in this class. I don't know why!!!

Most likely because they just want to have some cheap fun. Something to do on Saturday night rather then sit at home.

Thank you also very well said and no where in the rules does it say this is a beginners class and I have seen that at some tracks . At this point in time bombers is the most affordable class at CCMS .

Ok here is my take on the rough driving. No matter what class you are in there is going to be some door to door contact. This is the way it is and always has been at CC. Nobody should get mad about that. There are also ways to move a car up the track without the intention of wrecking it, that is also the way it is and has always been at CC. But just wrecking a car because he passed you or because you don't want him to pass you is bull crap. From what I saw the last two weeks was alot of poor sportsmanship by back markers. They were wrecking fast cars for the heck of it. I got stuffed by the 71 SS for no reason a couple weeks ago, I don't even know why. Problems like him always seem to take care of themselves in the long run. I'm going to fix my car and go try to beat both Carlucci's, Bill stevens, that Shrimp (Grantz) and all those other guys by racing them not wrecking them.

Cam Racing

The Bombers are not the cheapest class to race at CCMS. The top drivers in the bomber class pay more for tires than we do in SS . The motors for the bombers has gotten so out of control that most of the cars sound better than some of the SuperStreets .The pay is $200 for the bombers and $500 for the SS class .You could bring your bomber finish 10th in the superstreet class and make more money than if you finished 5th in the bomber feature. Maybe they don't teach economics in Rockport or Aransas pass. We should pay in clams?

That's a good one Ratdaddy. Maybe if you had that old bomber Monte carlo you called a hobby stock we could race? lol.There are some bombers fast enough to beat some SS cars .Maybe we can get a trade going ? We give the bomber class a few SS

cars that are "speed challanged" and they move up the top3 .

So true madracing. I have been watching tapes of bombers from over the last few years and I could not get over how slow they seem to move a few years ago compared to now lol.

Trust me I know how much money goes into a bomber.

As for a bomber running in the SS class we seen that last season I think it was and the bomber did beat a few of the slower cars if I remember correctly. I don't think he finished last anyways. He was just out there to play.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
but you havnt been in a real race yet, with real competition
I take this statement very personal, although Jason did a great job of running in the "second car given to him on the race track after the first one would not run", LOL, sorry Jason, I had to throw that in, I should have pulled over and ask for another car too! LOL. I will give this to him, he did not spin the car out & he drove very sensible, I agree two cars on a track is really not a race, but to say "real competition" don't you think that is a little unfair? You can put the best of the best drivers in a bad car & get the same result, the driver can only do so much! Even sometimes a "not so good driver" can be put in the best of the best car and look very good! That's what is sometimes very disheartening on a driver when it is mechanically the car & the race fans think it is all the driver!

That "Jason (TSZ) verses Mary Ann Naumann (TSRS)" was all in fun and Jason did a great job, I hope it gave him enough confidence to get into racing, I did the race to show good faith of my support of THR & their intentions on making positive changes for racing and to meet Jason in person and like I said on another post, "hate to blow his cover, but he is a very nice & polite guy". Was it fun? Hell no, I am like any driver, I wanna win! Again, Jason congratulations, a win is a win. B) Owen, incredible job of running CCMS, we look forward to seeing you guys back there next Saturday, June 5th!

C'mon Jason,

I for one would like to see the Mary-Ann vs. Jason #2, with a different twist. Ya'll get in a couple of the TSRS cars in CC, and run 5 laps again. Perhaps there could be 2 TSRS cars willing to cooperate. I'm sure MA could talk Robert into letting her drive that race. Just need one more volunteer.....Could be VERY INTERESTING!

B)

Mel

C'mon jason....you and mary ann could race in some Texas Thunder cars!!

Hammerheads?? You can watch them anytime....where are you going to find "free" practice & racing??

:D

Archived