I-37 Speedway Special Memorial Day weekend events

I-37 Speedway holds a Memorial Two Night Event

Pleasanton, Texas -

As tribute to all fallen servicemen, I-37 Speedway will present a special Memorial Day Holiday weekend racing event this Friday and Saturday nights. The track will conduct a special two night racing program on May 28th and on May 29th. A special purse of $1,500 will be paid to the Super Stock Feature Race winner on Saturday.

I-37 Speedway will be the only area oval holding races on the Memorial weekend.

The special event at I-37 Speedway will feature three racing classes on Friday night:

Super Stocks…Limited Late Models…Pure Stocks

On Saturday night, the second half Memorial event will feature three racing classes:

Super Stocks ($1,500 to win)…Pure Stocks…The Texas Mini Sprints

Heat and Feature Races will be held each night for each classification.

I-37 Speedway is a quarter mile oval dirt track located on the east side I-37 exactly 30 miles south of the Interstate 37 and Loop 410 interchange.

Racing fans from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road) proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway.

Friday & Saturday gates will open at 4:00pm. The racing program starts at 8:30pm.

Regular I-37 Speedway Admission Prices (each race night):

Adult Grandstand - $ 10 Children ages 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25 Children ages 6 and under - FREE

Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on www.I37speedway.com

or by calling the track phone at 210/534-1898 or the track office at 210/532-5421.

- 30 -

Now reb...... I ain't running up one side and down the other here... but just think you need to paint a better picture of Memorial Weekend. Thunder Hill is Running and its an Oval... so may you should have said Dirt Oval.. but then again.... What is classified as "area"... :D:unsure::rolleyes:;):P:P:P

""I-37 Speedway will be the only area oval holding races on the Memorial weekend.""

ABRUNGOT

The I-37 News Release is correct . "Area" refers to - "the San Antonio area". Last January and thru today, San Antonio Speedway's posted schedule reads, "May 29 - No races scheduled due to Memorial Holiday Weekend".

Therefore, I-37 Speedway is, in fact, the only area oval holding races on the Memorial weekend,

in this case on both Friday and Saturday nights, May 28 & 29.

Please bring your family and friends and join in I-37's tribute to all fallen servicemen and

some good dirt track racing too, this Memorial weekend.

Joe Horne

Promoter

I-37 Speedway

Archived