I37 TOBA race...

dancer52

Hray, last time we talked you said the kid(only name I know him by) might try and make the TOBA I37 race... well they just cancelled it...to bad I was looking foreward to racing there... I was even planning on running the street stock race with my backup car... just wanted to make sure they knew about the race....AJ

so that the RUMORS dont start here is the story,can be verified by toba guy himself.with the price of fuel at a all time high and motel prices out of sight on that holiday weekend (stephen) feared that the race may harm his race the following weekend.his guys run for a points fund and there were comcerns that his car count might not be where it needed to be.we agreed to shack hands and talk about a future date...my respect for toba is still 100% for the class stephen showed as he knew that its all about the show we put on for the paying spectator...frank t.

We're racing at Dundee Motor Speedway in Cleveland, TX on the 29th now. It's still $600 to win & $100 to start. We race the next week (June 5th) at Gator Speedway in Willis, TX. The next close race is June 19th at Hot Rod Hill in Bryan. You'll have to let me know if they decide to make one of these.

The kid did good ,I believe he finished 7th out of 26 cars ,he had a great time, he lost his power steering a couple labs into the race and spun out 1 x , he was sent to the rear and came back up to get 7th but then was able to get a hold of it and finish the race. He said the track is awesome and he had a great time, but he is a little sore and worn out today.

Wanted to wish everyone at I-37 a great weekend. We apoligize at this time we were not able to play a part in your big two day show. We hope that August will allow us to come to I-37 under different circumstances. Special thank to frank and staff for helping us as much as they did in an effort of trying to get us there! Again good luck and we wish everyone well this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Frank kind of freaked out on the i37 board. I heard they are having problems with the owners of the land the track sits on. Anways here is the post Frank Torres made today.

RAINBOW,duh wakeup.......what is so we?you dont race at i37.you act like you are a part of us,YOUR NOT!....and this thing about you will bring ALL hill country cars in pure stocks if we will match it? how many?all two that you have.....you are going to have to run fridays and saturdays becauuse of the car count that you have ,REMEMBER?????i am so fed up with being mr nice guy,,,,,between people like you and the i37 property owners,THIS SUCKS ....you are so out of it ......I WILL POST DETAILS ON MY MOVING ON LATER TODAY.i thank many GREAT people that helped my alot,MR HORNE gave me the freedome to run it,but there are just to many BACK STABBERS in the woodwork.details will follow,THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Frank,

Anyone who has ever tried to run a decent racing program knows exactly where you are coming from here. You really have to put up with a lot even if your heart is in the right place and you do your very best to run a quality show.

Frank, there are a whole lot of us who think you are doing a great job under very trying circumstances. I personally hope you are able to carry on in spite of everything. I've know you for a lot of years and you've always had the best interest of racing and racers at heart. As a very wise person once told me, "Don't let the a** holes get you down! Ignore them and carry on with what you know to be right."

Let me know if I can help you through this, OK?

Nick Holt

Couldn't of said it better, Frank keep your chin up. You have done a wonderful job! Follow your heart in your decision making and if you ever needed something else to grab ahold of TOBA is always looking for some fine people like yourself.

SHOOT, I guess what I heard today was true. :(

It's a damn shame the actions of few, ruin the fun for many!! :angry: I'd like to express my thoughts, but Nick would lock down the thread and send me one of his dreaded PM's. LOL I just those involved are happy now! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: It's a sad, sad statement......

Frank, I know you tried your very best to give racers a nice, FAIR track to race at and think you turned the track around from where you started. I know most of the drivers appreciated your efforts and would support you at any other venue. Let me know what I can do to help you and Joe in any form.

Just to let people know this are alot of Backstabbers just like Frank said. The track is still going I just think Frank is feed up with alot of BS of alot of Crybabies and other crap. All Frank ,myself, and the rest of the crew can do is try our best and be fair with everyone out there. As far as now goes if the Rain goes away we are Racing Friday 6/7/04

Archived