THR and Plum Creek team up

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 19, 2004

Plum Creek Golf Course ‘links’ up with Thunder Hill Raceway

The Central Texas area has become renown across the country for its great golf courses and has produced many golf celebrities, such as Harvey Penick, Tom Kite, Ben Crenshaw and Justin Leonard, among others.

Now, golfers and race fans across the state can “work” on their golf game – and win some nice prizes – on Saturday nights this summer at Thunder Hill Raceway.

THR will team with Plum Creek Golf Course of Kyle, one of Central Texas’ newest jewels, to offer its fans the chance to participate in some golfing fun starting this weekend. Fans will get a chance to win prizes and certificates to Plum Creek and Thunder Hill by participating in free golf clinics and contests, including putting contests.

“We’re happy to bring Plum Creek Golf Course on board with us for the rest of this season,” said THR Marketing/PR/Media Director Chuck Licata. “Beau Edge and his fine crew have displayed a great amount of professionalism in the short time they’ve been out at Plum Creek, and that’s helped Plum Creek become one of the most popular courses in Central Texas. Plum Creek has not only done a lot of advertising but has become involved in the local community – something we’ve made a priority here at Thunder Hill.”

“This is an interesting relationship we’re starting with Thunder Hill,” said Beau Edge, the Head Golf Professional at Plum Creek. “When Chuck called me and explained his idea to me, I was intrigued. Then I presented it to my staff here and they got really excited about the idea. We’re looking forward to being out and interacting with the fans at THR most every Saturday night.”

Edge added, “We’re going to start things out with a putting contest this weekend. We hope to add to the fun of going out to the races at Thunder Hill and grow the name of Plum Creek Golf Course.”

“My business model is the Round Rock Express,” Licata concluded. “When you go to an Express game, you obviously take in a baseball game. But there’s a lot of other things going on to entertain fans of all ages, and that’s the fun atmosphere we’re trying to create at Thunder Hill. We’ve got 3-4 more programs that we’re hoping to get finalize before the end of the season.”

I would like to know how many drivers play golf. I would like to offer or raffle a free round of golf with me to a fan in the stands or a group of us drivers. My sponsor will pay for my fan and maybe other drivers sponsors will do the same. "Golfing with a driver"(get it!! hehehe)

Marvinator

I swing stix, not sure if you wanna call it golfing !!!! How about we all get together on this and make it all happen, kinda like a big race only on our golf talents :D

Chuck- the Express have done great job , the Austin Wranglers as well are a great model to follow.. my lovely wife bought me season tickets for the AFL action, I didn't think I would like it, Now.......... I can't wait to reserve 2005 seats..

Archived