Car looked and sounded good on the track for the couple laps it ran during intermission.

37978_133419333366199_100000944004582_158768_1285975_n.jpg

Time for some taller tires or change gears so you won't be hitting the rev limiter at half track. It was hitting 71mph you need to be 79-80 going into the corners.

Hope you can have it completely ready for the next race.

Neat lookin car what is it tho... Or at least what did it start its life as :)

looks to me like frabricated aluminum like a super stock.. wish i woulda known i could put a super stock in the pure stock class before i built my car :rolleyes: .. but i believe down where it says new pure stock entry they said its a camaro frame.. id assume 70s

how is the ls1 at all legal..?

it's a 4.8L (292c.i.d.) NOT an Ls1 5.7L (348 c.i.d.) It's making the same power or less than most of the competitive cars in that class. we are just trying to prove a concept, that newer motors and technology can be use, be fair, be competitive, and be just as cheap, if not cheaper.

Hey John and Kurt thanks for letting me be the ginny pig. LOL Car felt good even with NO brakes. HAHAHA I got a little of my adreniline going with that short run. It was fun and great. Hope to TEST it for yall again soon. Or get mine back together. It handles good too.

Thanks Monty for giving it another shake down at Texana today.

Think I am going to get an underdrive pulley to slow down the water pump and PS pump and get a better fan to solve the hot temp problem. Way to many RPM's for these stock pumps.

Should have tires on order by Monday.

Going to work on preventing the tranny downshifting.

More work on the rear brakes.

Let me know when your ready to take it for another spin.

Thanks Monty for giving it another shake down at Texana today.

Think I am going to get an underdrive pulley to slow down the water pump and PS pump and get a better fan to solve the hot temp problem. Way to many RPM's for these stock pumps.

Should have tires on order by Monday.

Going to work on preventing the tranny downshifting.

More work on the rear brakes.

Let me know when your ready to take it for another spin.

Thanks for the opportunity. Sorry we didn't get more laps out of the feature. With a few passes here and there, I think we'd of been good for about a 7th place finish if we didn't overheat again.

Sent you a PM with notes from what I can remember.

John needs to jump off in it now, and get it to his liking. Few minor things here and there and you'll still have a very low cost experiment to play with. Thanks again.

-Monty

Thanks for the opportunity. Sorry we didn't get more laps out of the feature. With a few passes here and there, I think we'd of been good for about a 7th place finish if we didn't overheat again.

Sent you a PM with notes from what I can remember.

John needs to jump off in it now, and get it to his liking. Few minor things here and there and you'll still have a very low cost experiment to play with. Thanks again.

-Monty

thank you so much monty!!! the notes are great! i'm hopeing we can have at least most of these issues worked out by this weekend and we can see what happens. thanks again!!

john

• 2 weeks later...

the editor of circle track magazine said he may want to do a story on the car!!! how cool is that?!? i'm supposed to call him today so wish me luck. i'll post something later when i get off the phone with him.

the editor of circle track magazine said he may want to do a story on the car!!! how cool is that?!? i'm supposed to call him today so wish me luck. i'll post something later when i get off the phone with him.

I'll tell him how good it drives.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived