Superstock Purse for 7-31-10

Lone Star Speedzone is not the complaint department for any track. If anyone has an issue with the way the purse was paid out, the only folks in the whole world than can fix that issue are the folks who run the track.

Yeah, I know it feels good to complain in public when things didn't go the way you thought they should have. That's just human nature. But we are doing our best here at LSS to re-direct complaints to the folks who actually do something about it one way or the other.

And, yes, I know that sometimes it seems the track isn't listening to your gripes, but that is not the OK signal to launch an attack on LSS. Bitching in a forum just gives the track a black eye or makes the complainer look like a cry baby - sometimes both.

Nick

and their is many i have an extra case of diapers for all the babies if i make it to another race this year i'll bring them : <_<:lol:

I got to agre with AJ on this one. Although nobody said whether the purse got cut before the race and if that was communicated. Maybe then it would be cool, but when you float it out there on the web and attach guaranteed to it. If that was not told to the drivers before the races. Bad Bidness. Case closed.

I got to agre with AJ on this one. Although nobody said whether the purse got cut before the race and if that was communicated. Maybe then it would be cool, but when you float it out there on the web and attach guaranteed to it. If that was not told to the drivers before the races. Bad Bidness. Case closed.

123 abc now kids if a track has floating purse and states 1-12 cars full pay would be 12 cars if twelve dont show it floats and pay will be different guaranteed if twelve showed now lets see if we can find away to get cars to track and keep class alive if 6 cars showed do you think they would pay 2 times more out for purse than what was made thats the reason for floating purse

123 abc now kids if a track has floating purse and states 1-12 cars full pay would be 12 cars if twelve dont show it floats and pay will be different guaranteed if twelve showed now lets see if we can find away to get cars to track and keep class alive if 6 cars showed do you think they would pay 2 times more out for purse than what was made thats the reason for floating purse

I may be re-wording what you said im not real sure but with the floating purse i came away with the impression the if anywhere from 1 car to 12 cars it would be this much and if 13+ showed up it is the next level one is that correct???

I dont think AJ was complaning he just didnt see this as something that can just be put behind you without a good explanation.

Say you live 100 miles away and you have a truck that gets 20 miles to a gallon. Well you add the trailer and car and you get around 12-14? so you would use 14 gallons of gas at lets say 2.75 a dollar there is almost 40 dollars. then you pay 40 dollars for car now you are up to 80 dollars. now we use 5 gallons of VP 110 another 40 dollars now 120 dollars. now we buy food/drinks etc..... (its hot) haha another 15 dollars now we are up to 135.

if 4 cars show up the purse says u get 300? for winning u take home 165 dollars profit and you made enough to change the oil and do it all again instead winner takes home 75 dollars therefore you lose 65 dollars and u have to dig back in your pocket to do it all again...

i think that was the problem was when u drive a long way knowing the money you will can more than likley get you back next time and then you turn around and your reward for winning is a 65 dollar loss without being told of the change JMO i think my math skills will help people realize what AJ is saying and realize if that happened to you you would be pissed too nobody is getting rich racing but its nice when u dont lose your ass everytime u show up :ph34r:

There are things that people can get pissed about at any track at any time. But bitching about them in a public forum - even whey you're 100% right - doesn't do anyone any good. It either makes the track look bad to others or makes the person doing all the complaining look bad.

Either way, let's try to keep things as positive as possible on here.

Thanks.

Nick

yes everybody agrees the money dont help at all when it is low car count and low purse but look at it this way if a track pays a purse of 300.00 and 5 cars come 40.00 car x5=200 and each car may have 3 people with them 15 x25=375 total of 575.00 and pays 300 1st 150.00 2nd 100.00 3rd 4th=40 5th=40= 630.00 track just lost 55.00 how long could track do this

I know that this has been said before, but if all of the tracks in s. tx. would sit down together and work a rotating schedule of some kind it might work out where ALL CLASSES could grow.

I really like Shady Oaks track love the corners, but my entire family is not going to travel with me and spend the night down there. So I'am not going to go race another track while they are at the home track. Not all of our cars can race at sos. (age limits for frontrunners) If our track was off and sos was running and my car was still in one peice I most likely would come down.

I my self would LOVE to do nothing but race all weekend (fri,sat,and even sun afternoon) I will go race at any track I can as long as I dont miss a race at the home track, (and car is in one piece). It was my plan this year before I-37 went to sat. night to race there fri night and pull to sos for sat. night. but that didnt happen this year. And know some of the other cars would come down there also they did the first season.

I know you have to do what is right for your track. I would like to be there but the schedules just dont work for me right now and the $$$$ is just really tight right know.

I would like to be in a field of 20+ cars and have to work to Qualify for the main. That would be fun.

I will bring my llm as often as I can and my budget allows.

Hell do a three way Challenge between I37,SOS,and edna like you did for the street stocks if our street stock had been running I would have brought down for that race.

Thanks

Shane Moore

I brought this up last year when I37 said it was in their best interests to go to Saturday night. But everyone only looks out for themselves and doesnt care at that point in time to think of the ramifications and that includes SOS and Texana. Now almost a year later here we are woow took a brain surgeon to figure that one out but nontheless the barn door has been kicked open and then horses have already ran off. I am not saying its too late for anything to be worked out but people need to have alittle more foresight and try minimizing issues before they become broken problems. Keep in mind even if all of the i37 cars came most of the time its still not enough cars for the class to come close to thriving. I mean I 37 has only 3 to 5 ever week regulars right? SOS and Texana might even have less regulars that have been there every week! Between Houston cars, Edna, SOS, STS cars, and I-37 how many total cars is there out there that run on a regular basis, 15 if that, between all theses areas? Do not include the cars that show up have a major problem and they are out for half the year because they are already racing out of their budget! Or the cars that have been being built for the last year or longer. Its enough to have one pretty damn good feature but you cant expect all the drivers to come to each race at a different track so now your back to having an average car count at best. In my opinion the 4 barrell carbs got this class killing started. At Texana 2 years ago you had several super stocks but in the mix was several full bodied stock cars like cameras and whatnot. With 2 barrells they ran competitive and showed up. The 4 barrells is an issue in my opinion it kills motors with the unneccessary extra horsepower they provide and chased off competitive full bodied heavy cars. What to do now? Boy that is an exhausting idea trying to figure out the next step. Because no matter what, the next chance given by any track for next year will be the last chance if it doesnt work out, that you can bet on!

with the new late model rules it might be viable for some of the local supers to move into the LM class. just a thought

you gonna buy me a latemodel??

I'll take one also. Thanks in advance.

is it feasible to convert your ss into an lm, that's what i was talking about. (maybe i worded it wrong) it may be, it may not be, if not, make a few calls and save your class. i like watching ya'll run, a lot of people do. intead it seems like there is just a bunch of whinning and crying going on and not any action. (JMO) do something!!!!! i promise what is happening now isn't going to help.

Archived