Superstock Purse for 7-31-10

Jim asked me to post this for you guy's. I have had some calls asking if this class was running, the answer is yes it is! Being that Shady Oaks operates on a "Sliding Pay Scale" based on car count there will be two different pay scales listed. THESE PAYOUTS ARE GARUNTEED BASED ON THE CAR COUNT!

1-12 Cars Race

1.-------------$ 300.00

2.-------------$ 200.00

3.-------------$ 150.00

4.-------------$ 100.00

5.-------------$ 75.00

6th-12th------$ 50.00

13-24 Cars Race

1.------------$ 400.00

2.------------$ 250.00

3.------------$ 200.00

4.------------$ 150.00

5.------------$ 100.00

6th-24th----$ 50.00

I can speak for 3 of the cars out of Corpus; 07 is out of racing and is trying to sell, 7 has moved to Midland but has left his car here and wants to try and make the Halloween race, 68x engine is at the rebuild shop. The 68x will try to make some races when the engine returns.

I appreciate SOS hanging in there with the class. Hopefully we (the Super Stock class) can get our stuff together and be a little more consistent but this Hope and Change crap is killing me.

I can speak for 3 of the cars out of Corpus; 07 is out of racing and is trying to sell, 7 has moved to Midland but has left his car here and wants to try and make the Halloween race, 68x engine is at the rebuild shop. The 68x will try to make some races when the engine returns.

I appreciate SOS hanging in there with the class. Hopefully we (the Super Stock class) can get our stuff together and be a little more consistent but this Hope and Change crap is killing me.

My car is just about finished- should be back out at the next race.

Unbelievable how far this class has fallen since the beginning of the year! Track stuck its nose out and gauranteed a purse only to get it chopped off with 4 cars! Woow.......

That was pretty sad!

Unbelievable how far this class has fallen since the beginning of the year! Track stuck its nose out and gauranteed a purse only to get it chopped off with 4 cars! Woow.......

Let's just say the third place car got $50....the way I read the purse listed above it was guaranteed for 1 - 12 cars for last night.....It didn't list a minimum car count anywhere in the post....Whether it was miscommunication between the track and the person who posted it, I can't answer....all I can say is that for two races several people have left with sour tastes in their mouths (and in more than just the super stock class).....

Brenda

Man I hate hearing that. As worded above it says 1 - 12 cars and it also says guaranteed purse! If it was a honest mistake it happens but last minute promoting and not planning ahead will cause that! Personally I want to thank those that stepped up to help the classes but I guess the track wasnt on the same page as everyone else.

Just wondering how many super stocks showed up last night.

We would have been racing here at sos this year, but with our home track switching to saturdays, we haven't been able to make it there yet. We had a great time running there last year. Hopefully we will be there soon along with some of our other cars.

I can say, with the amount of money that we put in our LLM cars. The gas to get there. Hotel room cost and etc. Not having a good payout hurts. If we come and only 5 cars are there and only get $25, that there will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Ya I know it, it's a hobby and for fun ya ya ya but still the guys need to get something more than that to make it worth while. Most drivers use their winnings to get them to the track the next race.

JMO

I'am not willing to pull that far for $25 - $50 right now.

But I really do want to come run there a couple of times.

Last year the track posted a minimum of 6 cars to make any field. After a few cars showed up from long distances to find less than 6 cars we came up with a way to allow them to play at least for free. I did not want to send anyone home without being able to play. We have allowed less than 6 cars to run on many occasions this year. Next year i will stick to my guns and not allow any class to run with less than 6 cars. This should kill any confusion about purses for 5 cars or less as there will be no purse and no race. This will start next year as this year i will make no changes before the season's end. I hate it when there are not enough cars to create a large enough field to make a decent race, but how do you know when there's only 5 cars coming? I guess we need to work hard to build up those struggling classes or we will cut them loose and only work to promote those classes that are growing.

Jim Scribellito

I know that this has been said before, but if all of the tracks in s. tx. would sit down together and work a rotating schedule of some kind it might work out where ALL CLASSES could grow.

I really like Shady Oaks track love the corners, but my entire family is not going to travel with me and spend the night down there. So I'am not going to go race another track while they are at the home track. Not all of our cars can race at sos. (age limits for frontrunners) If our track was off and sos was running and my car was still in one peice I most likely would come down.

I my self would LOVE to do nothing but race all weekend (fri,sat,and even sun afternoon) I will go race at any track I can as long as I dont miss a race at the home track, (and car is in one piece). It was my plan this year before I-37 went to sat. night to race there fri night and pull to sos for sat. night. but that didnt happen this year. And know some of the other cars would come down there also they did the first season.

I know you have to do what is right for your track. I would like to be there but the schedules just dont work for me right now and the $$$$ is just really tight right know.

I would like to be in a field of 20+ cars and have to work to Qualify for the main. That would be fun.

I will bring my llm as often as I can and my budget allows.

Hell do a three way Challenge between I37,SOS,and edna like you did for the street stocks if our street stock had been running I would have brought down for that race.

Thanks

Shane Moore

I agree with Shane.

We had it planned out on racing at both tracks this year, but with our home track moving to saturdays, it killed that planning. We were forced to pick one.

We loved coming down there thou.

We all wish that all 3 tracks would sit down and work on the rules together, where all the rules were the same (except the sport mods and mods, those stay sanctioned).

Jim asked me to post this for you guy's. I have had some calls asking if this class was running, the answer is yes it is! Being that Shady Oaks operates on a "Sliding Pay Scale" based on car count there will be two different pay scales listed. THESE PAYOUTS ARE GARUNTEED BASED ON THE CAR COUNT!

1-12 Cars Race

1.-------------$ 300.00

2.-------------$ 200.00

3.-------------$ 150.00

4.-------------$ 100.00

5.-------------$ 75.00

6th-12th------$ 50.00

13-24 Cars Race

1.------------$ 400.00

2.------------$ 250.00

3.------------$ 200.00

4.------------$ 150.00

5.------------$ 100.00

6th-24th----$ 50.00

Ok..since you work for the track now..do you need my address to send me the rest of this "GARUNTEED" purse that we didnt get? you can call me...I will not be calling you...but I prefer for everyone to hear this outcome...AJ

Ok..since you work for the track now..do you need my address to send me the rest of this "GARUNTEED" purse that we didnt get? you can call me...I will not be calling you...but I prefer for everyone to hear this outcome...AJ

:rolleyes: waaaaaaaah

Aj this situation has already been handled and as far as Jim and I are concerned it is an over and done deal. As far as the outcome 4 cars showed, the purse was cut to $75.00 for first and $50.00 for the final three spots, which if I am not mistaken is $25.00 more than they were being paid. The above purse was set because 13 cars commited but only 4 showed. SOS is not the only track that has ever cut a purse because of poor car count, nor will we be the last. The assumption was that since the "Guaranteed Purse" listed a payout based on a 12 car field that most would understand that there had to be at least 12 cars for this payout. We did not think we had to directly say "12 cars must compete for this payout". In fact the 13 that commited asked for us to post the purse because of issues in the past and still only 4 Super Stocks showed.

As you will notice on the Payout for 2011 the purse is set and it plainly states that 10 cars must be present for a full purse payout. Less than 10 cars and third place becomes first place payout. We did this to eliminate any confusion.

I have alot of people who really want to see things out at SOS turn around and get back to going in the right direction. There input and opinions are very valuable which is why there were and will be changes in 2011. If you keep yourself surrounded by positive people positive things will happen, surround yourself with negative people and negative things will happen. We plan on the positive side.

We hope to have you be a part of these improvments but if you choose to move on then we wish you the best of luck and success in your future endevors. For the record my time at the track is donated, I do this for free! I love this sport and truly beleive in this facility but we have got to get past this "kicking a dead horse" mentality. This type of attitude and reaction is what kills classes more than car counts and payouts.

As I have stated several times if any Super Stock's wish to discuss this you can reach me at the information listed below anytime after 4:00 pm.

Hold on...it says 1-12 cars on the post....that really means a min. of 12? Well...guess you are using the "new" math I didnt understand that...sorry. This post was the only reason my SS came back out...guess the other 9 cars could read between the lines better than me. Will stop kicking the dead horse...good luck....AJ

Hold on...it says 1-12 cars on the post....that really means a min. of 12? Well...guess you are using the "new" math I didnt understand that...sorry. This post was the only reason my SS came back out...guess the other 9 cars could read between the lines better than me. Will stop kicking the dead horse...good luck....AJ

what other 9 cars were commited? :blink:

We couldn't read between the lines but had already commited to be at another track prior to that.

But I do have to say AJ that 1 - 12 cars in my mind would translate to mean that is the pay out weather there is 1 car or 12 cars... :huh:

We didn't show so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think you have a legitimate complaint..

JMHO

Lone Star Speedzone is not the complaint department for any track. If anyone has an issue with the way the purse was paid out, the only folks in the whole world than can fix that issue are the folks who run the track.

Yeah, I know it feels good to complain in public when things didn't go the way you thought they should have. That's just human nature. But we are doing our best here at LSS to re-direct complaints to the folks who actually do something about it one way or the other.

And, yes, I know that sometimes it seems the track isn't listening to your gripes, but that is not the OK signal to launch an attack on LSS. Bitching in a forum just gives the track a black eye or makes the complainer look like a cry baby - sometimes both.

Nick

Archived