Brickyard

roosterracing

it isnt just nascar who has low counts ....but i have to say i didnt fall asleep this time ..race was better ..... bad calls for juan ..and martin .....juan took himself out ..martin well .. jr has good luck finding the wrecks ..and this move on hendricks to help dale .hasnt paned out .but hurt martin ...jj ..lol .they are finaly starting to look lost ...

Congrats to Jamie Mac & Ganassi. :P Good to see someone else win a race. Some tough breaks for some drivers and some that I didn't mind seeing for others. Indy looked a little thin in the seats. Looking forward to this Saturday night at THR. Lenny66 B)

France said in a news conference attendance was falling off at Indy (even he can see). It was said that fuel injection was a done deal (Wow finally into the modern era)and Kentucky wants a race but who to cut? (duh! Indy)

They need to cut California and one at Michigan! Why they would build a track modeled after Michigan is beyond me! Michigan sucks and then they go and build another one! LOL

Not just one. I believe TWS was modeled after it also. But I agree, put more short tracks in there. What all these guy learned on.

Iv been to 5 Brickyard 400's and have never seen an empty seat, so it was kind of a shock to see those empty stands. That track is good at making drama but not as good for racing to me. You really miss out on alot when your there sitting in the stands. The tracks so dang big and there is so much stuff blocking your view. I always enjoyed the racing at ORP, now thats a good spectator track.

They need to cut California and one at Michigan! Why they would build a track modeled after Michigan is beyond me! Michigan sucks and then they go and build another one! LOL

Not just one. I believe TWS was modeled after it also. But I agree, put more short tracks in there. What all these guy learned on.

TWS and Michigan were built using the same plans. (Track, not the stands)

California was built to the same dimensions, but with some changes in banking.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the cookie cutter 1 1/2 mile tracks.

And some may not like this, but Cup Cars at Indy is really more about the venue than the racing itself.

Remember back to Ontario, which was a copy of Indy. It didn't last 10 years in the shadow of present day California.

Na$car lost me for the most part after they left Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, and Nashville Fairgrounds. And Richmond is pretty good, but the old configuration was better.

The way nascar has screwed up the cars, and the racing, and now fining drivers if they say the wrong things, I'm kinda surprised the stands are as full as they are at some of the tracks.

Iowa Speedway would be a great track to add one to! It reminds me of Richmond and it sells out Truck races!

probably work .seeing the fans base is low at other races ..so could be enough seats to cover all who go ..then tv would have something to show .standing room only ..come on nascar why not ...

I actually thought the racing was better at Indy than in years past. Seemed like there was more passing than usual. Spoiler seemed to change the racing for the better in my opinion.

The track just isnt ideal for stock cars period but I can certainly understand why they race there. One of the most prestigous venues in the world

Archived