Super Stocks

Half the limiteds that started this year are pissed at the track and or management and race elsewhere. FACT! 16 street stocks and 2 cautions this past week! FACT! The remaining classes cautions speak for themselves so you draw a conclusion. When drivers have their heads of straight any class is worth racing or watching! FACT! Right now SOS fans see as many caution laps as they do race laps. FACT! Do you actually go to the races and watch just curious. Cant wait to see you add to the entertainment some day....But if you need some pointers let me know but there again you never took me up on the first invite i gave you...

P.S. Look at the topic name SUPER STOCKS

Just speaking for one Limited drive and that Mickey Helms, he is not racing at the track because he is driving someone else car this year and he drives where the owner want him to, that is the ONLY reason he is not at SOS he is not pissed off at the track.

It would be so nice if we could control very thing that happens in life, but hey guess what, we cant. :P

ok so the owner of Mickeys car is ticked off. But so are good drivers like Vince Louden and they bring 3 cars. I have seen some that raced at SOS at the beginning of the year now running at I37. Anyways need to reach out and get them guys back somehow.

Half the limiteds that started this year are pissed at the track and or management and race elsewhere. FACT! 16 street stocks and 2 cautions this past week! FACT! The remaining classes cautions speak for themselves so you draw a conclusion. When drivers have their heads of straight any class is worth racing or watching! FACT! Right now SOS fans see as many caution laps as they do race laps. FACT! Do you actually go to the races and watch just curious. Cant wait to see you add to the entertainment some day....But if you need some pointers let me know but there again you never took me up on the first invite i gave you...

P.S. Look at the topic name SUPER STOCKS

Just speaking for one Limited drive and that Mickey Helms, he is not racing at the track because he is driving someone else car this year and he drives where the owner want him to, that is the ONLY reason he is not at SOS he is not pissed off at the track.

It would be so nice if we could control very thing that happens in life, but hey guess what, we cant. :P

ok so the owner of Mickeys car is ticked off. But so are good drivers like Vince Louden and they bring 3 cars. I have seen some that raced at SOS at the beginning of the year now running at I37. Anyways need to reach out and get them guys back somehow.

I agree with that, but we all know thing happen that was out of Jim's control and there is nothing that can be done about it, now its just a matter of putting thing back togather and it may r may not happen this year. But I am going to say that if any cars that we own refuses to race at SOS then the car is going to get parked

Says the man with a car in our class that won't bring it out to help the class!!

Just busting your chops man... I agree. It would be real nice to pull cars from all three tracks. If I was racing goliad once a month I could afford to make Edna and i37 from time to time.

The 3 races we brought that car was about 3 races more then our budget allows or what we had planned doing this year. Sure wish we could race it more and maybe in the future we can run a 3rd car but right now our priority is to getting the 186 back to the track to add to the street stock.

If I see that there are 6 people guaranteeing to be there (in case one doesn't make the main) I'll be there.

Which brings up another question... is the payout 25.00 if only 5 show or if only 5 make the feature?

The payout is done by how many cars are at the beginning of the race..So if only 5 show up the payout will be registration fee back but if there are 6 or more than the payout changes...

but is that the right way or wrong way to handle low car count it may work in bigger towns but here doesnt seem to be working after hearing talk alot of cars plan on racing only one time a month now and that will only be to track that pays more i think maybe if a guarantee purse is established the car count may increase only way to tell is try i heard tracks tried small purses in past and and wait untill car count went up to increase purse but never worked hopefully it can be adjusted before to late

The track isnt going to finance a low car count espicially a class that rarely gets a new car built because of its looming future. The class has been hurting for sometime because of its weekly expense to keep on the track. They went through this last year with the trucks and they made a decision to stop running them. Now that Edna is the only hot stock truck class they dont run as often and they have a consistant count, by no means is it large but its at least hanging. I think this approach is where the supers are heading.

The track isnt going to finance a low car count espicially a class that rarely gets a new car built because of its looming future. The class has been hurting for sometime because of its weekly expense to keep on the track. They went through this last year with the trucks and they made a decision to stop running them. Now that Edna is the only hot stock truck class they dont run as often and they have a consistant count, by no means is it large but its at least hanging. I think this approach is where the supers are heading.

I think it is only expensive if you make it expensive. We built a new car from the ground up this year, and to this point in the season are running about neck and neck with the money we had in a pure stock/street stock car cus we opted not to go with the quick change rearend, and the three link suspension, and the wide five hubs, and all of the little stuff that cost so much intially and when it breaks...

I believe that tracks doing away with a class hurts that class more than anything. With Corpus shutting down the class we are down to 3 tracks to choose from. If another one does away with this class who will want to build a car that out of all of the tracks around here they can only take to 2?

You have said it time and time again... Someone needs to get these 3 tracks together and work out a schedule so that every time the class races it isnt' competing against another track.

jmho

The payout is done by how many cars are at the beginning of the race..So if only 5 show up the payout will be registration fee back but if there are 6 or more than the payout changes...

What does how many cars start the race matter? It should be based on how many registered that night coming into the pits. Whether they start a race or not the track still has the money from the entry.. I also agree cutting purses just drives away the entertainers for the fans.

What does how many cars start the race matter? It should be based on how many registered that night coming into the pits. Whether they start a race or not the track still has the money from the entry.. I also agree cutting purses just drives away the entertainers for the fans.

at one time it was how many were in the feature race, it is now on how many sign in

I have CLEARLY stated how to fix certain issues and NOTHING has been done. I have NO hateful feelings toward the owner of the track nor it's staff, but with that being said, UNTIL CHANGES are made and some of the other L MODS decide to come back as well the 175 will not be back there. Showing up and racing 3-4 other cars is not much of a race. I agree with Danielson in saying do what you can to get the lost cars back!

If I may say one more thing, Last Minute Racing has no problems running at pretty much any track, we enjoy racing period! We as other drivers and teams just want a fair shake while racing. Who knows where and when we will show up.

I have CLEARLY stated how to fix certain issues and NOTHING has been done. I have NO hateful feelings toward the owner of the track nor it's staff, but with that being said, UNTIL CHANGES are made and some of the other L MODS decide to come back as well the 175 will not be back there. Showing up and racing 3-4 other cars is not much of a race. I agree with Danielson in saying do what you can to get the lost cars back!

If I may say one more thing, Last Minute Racing has no problems running at pretty much any track, we enjoy racing period! We as other drivers and teams just want a fair shake while racing. Who knows where and when we will show up.

Thank you Brain :rolleyes:

Thank you Brain :rolleyes:

We will be there with a super this sat that hasn"t ran since last season.. and we are building another that should be done by late august.... So thats two more supers .

Walt s/s 32

Archived