Super Stocks

For some reason cars stopped coming out...my car has been destroyed, but also a big problem is the way people are racing. Alot of cars are getting torn up for no reason. Alot of rough racing and taking the fun out of it. I dont feel like there is a reason to ever touch another car with the size of that track. I do know that im not the only one to saying this. I do plan to be there next weekend since my car is back together.

For some reason cars stopped coming out...my car has been destroyed, but also a big problem is the way people are racing. Alot of cars are getting torn up for no reason. Alot of rough racing and taking the fun out of it. I dont feel like there is a reason to ever touch another car with the size of that track. I do know that im not the only one to saying this. I do plan to be there next weekend since my car is back together.

are you coming to edna?

Come on guys the reason is easy. Right now the supers are mad because they didnt get a purse this past week but at the beginning of the season there were plenty of cars and the track paid a good purse. Cars getting tore up or destroyed wasnt due to rough driving by anyone. It was primarily due to the lack of control on alot of the drivers themselves. Of the races I saw all you had to do was not hit the spinning car in front of you and you were pretty much guaranteed a top 5 easy! Too many fast cars down the straightaway and a spinning top in the turns which results in collecting and damaging alot of cars behind the spinner. I dont ever recall seeing someone get hit and spun out it was go into turn, over power, not enough talent to keep from spinning and car or cars crashing into the spinner! And thats the simple honest truth about why you have no cars. It isnt racing it is dodge ball on wheels when a large car count showed up. You can only crash so many times before you can afford to rebuild it or lose the desire to want to rebuild in a timely manner. The comments above are right there is no reason for anyone touching on that big track. Go back to 4412 if you have too much power and cant keep from spinning it out. Maybe the track if they want to continue this class should consider it. We have a car but have no desire to bob and weave every lap crossing your fingers hoping the next lap doesnt result in a crash. I am not sure if one single car in super stock can say they have not had it torn to hell and back this year and that is rediculous! Plus racing every single week back and forth between tracks doesnt help car count when its struggling also. Please dont be mad guys but sometimes its best just to throw out the truth instead of walking around it each and every week!

so nobody spins out in street stocks? or any other class? sounds like you would like to do away with all the classes except for streets. what about limited mods? whats your explanation for their class being so slim? see yall when i bring my late model out!

Half the limiteds that started this year are pissed at the track and or management and race elsewhere. FACT! 16 street stocks and 2 cautions this past week! FACT! The remaining classes cautions speak for themselves so you draw a conclusion. When drivers have their heads of straight any class is worth racing or watching! FACT! Right now SOS fans see as many caution laps as they do race laps. FACT! Do you actually go to the races and watch just curious. Cant wait to see you add to the entertainment some day....But if you need some pointers let me know but there again you never took me up on the first invite i gave you...

P.S. Look at the topic name SUPER STOCKS

Half the limiteds that started this year are pissed at the track and or management and race elsewhere. FACT! 16 street stocks and 2 cautions this past week! FACT! The remaining classes cautions speak for themselves so you draw a conclusion. When drivers have their heads of straight any class is worth racing or watching! FACT! Right now SOS fans see as many caution laps as they do race laps. FACT! Do you actually go to the races and watch just curious. Cant wait to see you add to the entertainment some day....But if you need some pointers let me know but there again you never took me up on the first invite i gave you...

Sir I dont know u and U dont know me, but I do have to say that you dont know what im talking about. I was not even in the race this past weekend and what Im talking about happened two months ago. As a result of what I am talking about, when the driver comes up to appoligizes for what hes done, answers itself. I do have to say that the speeds we are going dont make it better, but a dry track at those speeds dont make it any better either. We had a great class last year, and hoped for one this year. I really dont want this class to go anywhere, I would just like a little cleaner racing. I was just answering a question by telling the truth, not trying to start all this bs on here.

Thanks,

All points should be welcome. Hmm maybe thats why its called a forum msg board, could be wrong just taking a stab at it! But so far nobody has a point of view only questions, why's, and dont knows. You should share yours since the class is hurting you been there a couple times or do you even care? Just asking....

Sir I dont know u and U dont know me, but I do have to say that you dont know what im talking about. I was not even in the race this past weekend and what Im talking about happened two months ago. As a result of what I am talking about, when the driver comes up to appoligizes for what hes done, answers itself. I do have to say that the speeds we are going dont make it better, but a dry track at those speeds dont make it any better either. We had a great class last year, and hoped for one this year. I really dont want this class to go anywhere, I would just like a little cleaner racing. I was just answering a question by telling the truth, not trying to start all this bs on here.

Thanks,

Not stirring and I am aware of you not racing this past weekend but damage was done to this class many many weeks ago and now you are seeing the effects. I see no dirty driving in the class mostly all self inflicted wrecks. Nobody is taking shoots at other drivers. So then you have to ask why do so many get tore up each race? Well first the class is fast but its designed and supposed to be fast with the rule package. Personally I think its too much carb for starters but thats my opinion. The dry track that you guys run on is the same track other classes run on and half of there field isnt on the hook like the supers consistantly are. Supers have alot of motor but they also have twice the chassis and tires as any other class. The same cars cant continue spinning out tearing up others and continue to expect to have good car counts. Maybe A.J. Dancer and G.W. can share why the left the class those are two very good drivers.

...Maybe A.J. Dancer and G.W. can share why the left the class those are two very good drivers.

I know why they did, and its the same for two others and one of those is me....but I do have a car, and dont wish to sell either.

Well lets just hope all classes stay and we have some good nights racing in Edna and SOS.

Yepers, been there. Raced 6-19-10 in this class, car number 68. The only other time was in May. The May results for some reason aren't on Speed Net. Got second and it was a demolition derby. Had to play dodge ball like you (Danielsen) stated earlier. I think we did 7 out of 20 laps before they threw the checkerd flag. Can't blame them. It was embarassing. Haven't been back because when I went home after the race on the 19th, I spun a rod bearing when I fired up the engine to unload it off the trailer! You know how rough that trailer unloading can be on an engine! I'm a low budget racer (my wife's catching on) and will be back when I can afford to have my engine rebuilt. I do care about the class because I want a place to race when I can have the time and money.

As far as the "Danielsen has spoken" comment, nothing personal. Just don't need a lecture. I know it's not meant for everybody. I haven't touched anybody both races and if someone gets into me and bends anything besides sheetmetal I'm done financially.

WELL THE WAY I SEE IT IS & HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE HILLBILLY MENTALITY AT SOS. IF YOU CAN,T BEAT THEM THEN JUST TAKE EM OUT & TEAR UP GOOD EQUIPMENT,BECAUSE THEY DON'T NO HOW TO SET CARS UP PROPERLY OR JUST TO LAZY TO WORK ON THEIR CARS UNTIL SATURDAY AFTERNOON.AND THEN BITCH WHEN THEY CAN'T COMPETE.

I BELIEVE AJ STOPPED RUNNING WAS TO HELP HIS KID LEARN THE ROPES THE PROPER WAY.

HJF

Honestly..I stopped racing this class cause the guys in it made it not fun. These guys come in new to the class and think they should win on the first lap... its supposed to take years to win...that is why its so much fun to win. Honestly..I cant see how they spin these cars out (including my driver) they hook up extreamly well...and the drier the better...takes less motor and they last longer. I tried talking to some of the guys to help them out...and they made it clear they did not want or need my help...in fact one in particuar told me I was the rough one...I had to laugh at that...I have not broken one suspension piece EVER on my super stocks...in ALL the years I have ran this class...I did lose a ball joint once...but it just came loose..didnt break (at I37 while leading with one to go..still bugs me..lol). That is after 2 championships and numerous wins... Now there was that one wreck with GW...I did cause that..(and I bought him a new tire afterwards too) and I have made mistakes...but these guys say they never make mistakes...so I dont see them ever getting better. So..since I didnt want to race..I decided to just concentrate on the kids cars...(yea..thats not frustrating) Now..if I could just get them to finish a race..sheesh....AJ

ECONOMY, ECONOMY, ECONOMY... We had 16 cars showing up at the start of the season. Money hasn't only effected this class and it hasn't only effected this track.

There was a post on here a while back asking who loves racing enough to run for free? I think we would all agree that we all do, but why... if you don't have to? There are two other tracks that run this class (not too terribly far away) that have the same payout if there are 9 cars or 4 cars.

We have seen some cars drop out because of damage that is stretching budgets, we have seen cars drop off because after some of the damaged cars dropped out the payout dropped, and now I'm afraid that because of the payout last week we are going to see more cars drop out lessening the chances to get that payout back up.

I have to agree with Danielson... I have been in wrecks this year (had to rebuild the front end going on the 3rd time now) but not because I have every hit anyone intentionally, and as far as I can remember I have only been hit once intentionally and we got that worked out. The times I have been in wrecks were because I was collateral damage... collected in the mess. It's not a matter of "if you can't beat them then just take em out". The one time I got hit intentionally it caused more damage to his car than mine.

You know guys everybody has its good days and bad days. See what you started Taz bring your car out and play!!!j/k. We just need to have 6 car to bring back the money. Listen its racing every body out of the car is a better driver than you. They can tell you what you should have done. Everybody wants to be a racer. Fix the cars and get them out there. I will not give up on the class. But we may dust off another car out of the stables just in case. It will help if track prep was more concistent and smooth them turns have gotten a little bad. We have cut out, reclip the front and replaced bar this year. Its not only from spins. This year we will have to replace rear clip from people banging on the restarts................Fix your cars.........less time on here more time fixing your cars..

You know guys everybody has its good days and bad days. See what you started Taz bring your car out and play!!!j/k. We just need to have 6 car to bring back the money. Listen its racing every body out of the car is a better driver than you. They can tell you what you should have done. Everybody wants to be a racer. Fix the cars and get them out there. I will not give up on the class. But we may dust off another car out of the stables just in case. It will help if track prep was more concistent and smooth them turns have gotten a little bad. We have cut out, reclip the front and replaced bar this year. Its not only from spins. This year we will have to replace rear clip from people banging on the restarts................Fix your cars.........less time on here more time fixing your cars..

Good comment on the banging on the darn restart, is there really a reason to get all in somebody a**. I think if we could get people to just communicate on whos coming or not coming it will help everything out....just like we are doing for the Edna track. Heck if we just get 11 cars a night to each track the payout is really nice, it just suxs that it has to be a number....but the owner has to make money also. then again are we really in this for the money or the fun of it. We have to try to make it fun again. Well anyways I just love these discussion boards. But have to go get the car for this weekend have good one hope we can have a good turnout in edna...

If a track is well run and drivers / crews can see that the track is not only working their butts off each race and communicating with the drivers each and every race to put forth the best event for that week. Then good economy or bad economy a driver will do damn near anything to have his car there and be part of the show! Next to begging, borrowing and stealing they will be racing! So its most definetely a two sided gig for it to work. Super Stocks however are alittle different. STS dropped them due to car counts, I-37 has stuck with them but they have an even worst ave car count then any track. Edna is trying to hold onto them but its taking drivers like Floyd to put forth a marketing campaign every week they run there to insure an ave car count at best and then Shady Oaks who started strong but has been hit hard the last several races. Bottom line the Super Stock car count pool to pull from isnt a large one at all. Not sure who it is but someone has to step up and get all three tracks on the same rules for starters and then run a schedule that only runs them at one track each week alternating them from track to track. This way you can almost guarantee yourself 10 cars every week worst case but if done professional and with someone in charge it could turn out huge and possibly get fresh blood in the class. Otherwise at this pace its going no track would be able to afford to keep them on the schedule.

If a track is well run and drivers / crews can see that the track is not only working their butts off each race and communicating with the drivers each and every race to put forth the best event for that week. Then good economy or bad economy a driver will do damn near anything to have his car there and be part of the show! Next to begging, borrowing and stealing they will be racing! So its most definetely a two sided gig for it to work. Super Stocks however are alittle different. STS dropped them due to car counts, I-37 has stuck with them but they have an even worst ave car count then any track. Edna is trying to hold onto them but its taking drivers like Floyd to put forth a marketing campaign every week they run there to insure an ave car count at best and then Shady Oaks who started strong but has been hit hard the last several races. Bottom line the Super Stock car count pool to pull from isnt a large one at all. Not sure who it is but someone has to step up and get all three tracks on the same rules for starters and then run a schedule that only runs them at one track each week alternating them from track to track. This way you can almost guarantee yourself 10 cars every week worst case but if done professional and with someone in charge it could turn out huge and possibly get fresh blood in the class. Otherwise at this pace its going no track would be able to afford to keep them on the schedule.

Says the man with a car in our class that won't bring it out to help the class!!

Just busting your chops man... I agree. It would be real nice to pull cars from all three tracks. If I was racing goliad once a month I could afford to make Edna and i37 from time to time.

Just speaking for one Limited drive and that Mickey Helms, he is not racing at the track because he is driving someone else car this year and he drives where the owner want him to, that is the ONLY reason he is not at SOS he is not pissed off at the track.

It would be so nice if we could control very thing that happens in life, but hey guess what, we cant. :P

Archived