super stock or thunder stock

Can any one give me some basic info on converting a imca hobby stock or I-stock dirt car to run on asphalt? what kind of changes need to be made to front suspension, caster/camber, toein, shocks, springs, ETC.... any and all comments or information would be greatly appreciated. The dir cars are set up to run on 1/4 and 3/8 mile banked clay tracks thanks for the help!

thanks, Lee echo2448@gmail.com

These settings are totally out of my butt since I have no idea what your car is or weighs or is configured like, but here's a wild guess:

3-4 inch front roll center height

1/8" - 3/16" toe out

zero ackerman, but a small amount of roll steer (bump steer) in the toe-out direction

3+ degrees of RF negative camber 1-2+ degrees LF positive camber. Use your tire pyrometer to get better camber settings.

1 degree positive caster on LF, 3+ degrees of positive caster on the RF

You probably want to keep the LF down as long as you can, so the LF shock should have a high rebound number

Springs.. well, since I have no idea what motion ratios you have in your a-arms, I'd be giving you a wild guess. If you know the corner weights of your car and the motion ratios of your a-arms, I can ballpark guess your front spring rates.

Nick

Can any one give me some basic info on converting a imca hobby stock or I-stock dirt car to run on asphalt? what kind of changes need to be made to front suspension, caster/camber, toein, shocks, springs, ETC.... any and all comments or information would be greatly appreciated. The dir cars are set up to run on 1/4 and 3/8 mile banked clay tracks thanks for the help!

Where are you planning to run... What kind of car?

Where are you planning to run... What kind of car?

1985 metric monte carlo that is currently set up to run IMCA I-stock rules... did not know how much i would have to change in setup to switch to asphalt.... may run at RED RIVER Speedway or maybe come down at times to Kyle, TX

• 3 weeks later...

Archived