children in the pits

I agree it would be hard to live with my self if i did that to someone even if it was thier fault and not mine. Alot of tracks have rules where kids have to be with adult or there is conciquences (dont know how to spell that) such as taking pit passes away or something to that nature but yes there is alot of need for concern

so id say i rolled off the track some where around 10 to 15 mph ..

Jim has made it pretty clear that the speed limit in the pits is 5 MPH,

but if your brakes don't work rather than let the tow truck push you in after the race I guess 10 - 15 mph in the pits would be safe until.....................

so id say i rolled off the track some where around 10 to 15 mph ..

Jim has made it pretty clear that the speed limit in the pits is 5 MPH,

but if your brakes don't work rather than let the tow truck push you in after the race I guess 10 - 15 mph in the pits would be safe until.....................

well i guess we should all install speedometers in the race cars because people cant control their kids! and I dont think a child would survive being run over by a car going 5 or 100 miles per hour!!!!CONTROL YOUR KIDS!

if your not watching your kids .you dont deserved to be in the pits .car or no car .,..childrens safety should never come second period ......as the first driver mentioned .he wasnt going as slow as he needed ..and of course the other thing he could have done was pull to the infield ..but then again .this problem would not have been brought up if he did . and next time the kid could get run over ...and that can put a stop to children in th pits .on dirt and asphault ...12 and under dont undertand the dangers ..

Its not just the children in the pits that walking/riding behind race cars backing up either, some of these people act like we have rear view mirrors or something. The car classes that have spoilers and sail panels are particularly bad because we just cant see over the back. Point being everybody should be mindful of whats going on around them. There have been numerous occasions where I have almost backed over people on four wheelers, motor bikes, and walking because I cant see around the seat or spoiler on the car. It has prompted me to back up to my trailer to help prevent it from happening.

well i guess we should all install speedometers in the race cars because people cant control their kids! and I dont think a child would survive being run over by a car going 5 or 100 miles per hour!!!!CONTROL YOUR KIDS!

I AGREE!!! We have been disqualified due to people being in the pit exit after being told to move................I understand that kids don't understand the dangers in the pits, BUT the parents do and should ALWAYS be on top of what THEIR kids are doing.

Figure I better add this in before somebody takes this the wrong way...........................the kids are NOT the tracks responsibility but are the parents! :angry:

in a situation such as a pit area, people and parents especially need to understand that the race cars need the right of way due to things like brake failure, poor visability, touchy clutches, ect.... Instead they walk around with the same arrogance as they do when crossing the driveway in front of walmart. they look at you as if daring you to hit them so they can sue your pants off. this is definitely something that needs to be addressed soon for everyone's sake.

in a situation such as a pit area, people and parents especially need to understand that the race cars need the right of way due to things like brake failure, poor visability, touchy clutches, ect.... Instead they walk around with the same arrogance as they do when crossing the driveway in front of walmart. they look at you as if daring you to hit them so they can sue your pants off. this is definitely something that needs to be addressed soon for everyone's sake.

So many times I just wanted to run those people over at Walmart over for taunting us

Walmart is kinda like a bar to me......I just stay away and out of trouble..lol

i guess it's like a bar for me too then.......my wife won't let me go there alone to keep me outta trouble. :lol::lol:

I have just one question.

What was the plan for stopping when you got to your pit? No brakes? Why would you leave the track where there isn't anybody walking around (Child or Adult) and head for an area with not only people, but other cars, trailers and such. I agree that parents should be watching their children, but you are the one with the steering wheel and that puts responsibity for controling your machine in your hands. If you can't control it, move to the infield and let them TOW you back to the pits.

The drivers know there are kids in the pits and they should let their pit speeds reflect that. Remember, we were all kids once as well and it is the kid in all of us that keeps us racing.

Since a driver brought this up. I think people leaving the track should SLOW down. I have seen way too many people leave the track Mad, disgusted or otherwise in a hurry and come flying into the pits. I honestly can't understand this. If you didn't win on the track, you aren't going to win in the pits.

Has anyone ever thought about Closing the pit gate during the races? That way, nobody would exit the track during a race. If you are broke, you go to the infield. Then after the race is over, the gate can be opened back up to let cars back in... Maybe even stop them at the gate so they can be notified if they need to go through tech or not. Just a thought.

Just my $.02,

Bill

i see your point, and it's a very good one. however, planning a stop at your trailer and having to stop suddenly cause someone cant keep track of their child is two different things. closing the gate is a great idea, but if a few of th races go like they have recently the infield parking lot will fill up pretty fast :lol: i think both drivers and parents both need to take some responsibility for slowing down and keeping a closer eye on their kids.

sorry to say kids will be kids no matter how much a parent looks after them.... i know no one wants to hurt or even kill a child but you have to remember, kids will get away.... i have two boys, i only take one to the pits , i also keep a close eye on him and the other one after the races in the pits... let me tell you , that you can turn around , grab a water from your icechest and turn back around and them kiddos will be GONE....... i know folks have mecanical problems, ive had my share in the past but i will tell you what when i drove in the pits for any reason, my eyes are peeled..... racers, parents and kiddos are gonna have to work togeater but remember a kiddo thinks like a kiddo......... they are bullet proof in there minds........ ;)

All I know is I am strapped in a seat with a 5 point harness, neck collar, helmet with a loud engine and most likely have sweat pouring off my face with the summer heat kicking my ass on top of it! Yea us as drivers need to due our due deligence and keep our cars managed and at low speeds but its a reciepe for disaster if a kid or adult isnt paying attention. First thing parents need to due ,no matter what the age, is the person going into the pits worthy of paying attention? If not send em in the stands even adults for that matter! Because the lack of someones attention to keep from getting ran over shouldnt ruin a drivers weekend or life for that matter!

All I know is I am strapped in a seat with a 5 point harness, neck collar, helmet with a loud engine and most likely have sweat pouring off my face with the summer heat kicking my ass on top of it! Yea us as drivers need to due our due deligence and keep our cars managed and at low speeds but its a reciepe for disaster if a kid or adult isnt paying attention. First thing parents need to due ,no matter what the age, is the person going into the pits worthy of paying attention? If not send em in the stands even adults for that matter! Because the lack of someones attention to keep from getting ran over shouldnt ruin a drivers weekend or life for that matter!

amen .. glad some one sees my point! .. you racing this saturday?

i have discussed this jim and we will do everything possible to keep this from ever happing again. but on another note we can only do so much and can't control every kid in the pits, but it will be addressed at this weeks race

and thanks .. didnt mean to start a whole mess.. thats why i removed the post just trying to help out

i have discussed this jim and we will do everything possible to keep this from ever happing again. but on another note we can only do so much and can't control every kid in the pits, but it will be addressed at this weeks race

and thanks .. didnt mean to start a whole mess.. thats why i removed the post just trying to help out

Now see what you went and did..................you got Danielsen Motorsports all fired up............... :lol:

Just a little food for thought, when coming from the south side of the track exit, how would you get to the restrooms, observation container, or concessions?

yup,guess nobody else thought about that. we just need to pay close attention to our kids.

Archived