Formula One

Casey19

I was just pointing out my immediate thoughts to your post

"We elect our government officials to take great care about how our money is spent."

I really don't know why we are discussing the matter - done deal. I am just trying to find the list of elected officials that approved it - so I can express my opposition when I go vote

Don't be upset with me that I happen to disagree on the State sending 25 million dollars to this man that refers to women as domestic household appliances (jmo)

I'm not upset Kathy. I was just trying to clarify the matter somewhat.

Here ya go, if you want to find out about the Act's Passage, I've always found these people to be very helpful in these matters.

If they don't know the answer, they can find it for you or point you to somebody who DOES know.

Its the Texas Legislative Reference Library. Here is your -----> LINK

As far as I know, there has been no official announcement from Tavo's group whatsoever. The only announcement so far has been from Bernie E. which was posted on the Formula One website about a month ago.

If I know Tavo like I think I do, he has all his major ducks in a row and is working diligently behind the scenes to dot all the "I's" and cross all the "T's" before he makes an announcement. I know for a fact that Tavo has been working on this project for at least five years - and probably longer than that if you count all the preliminary stuff as he laid the groundwork.

Some people are saying that the state is paying the sanctioning fee which is untrue. Others are claiming that the state is paying for building the facility, which is also untrue. However, much like the final four, the superbowl, etc. there will be a deal with the state that will actually bring money into the treasury rather than the other way around.

Anyway, it's fun to read all the Forumla One writers go nutz over this deal. I understand that there have been thousands of articles written about Tavo and the Austin F1 event and most have been very skeptical. I'm not at all skeptical because I know Tavo and know he doesn't shoot from the hip. That being said, there is always a risk involved that something could go horribly wrong - like F1 declaring bankruptcy or Austin being overrun by a hoard of angry alligators - but with any luck at all this event will happen.

Nick

Archived