Congrats to Nick's son

ChuckLicata

Got this note from Nick-ster when I asked him if he'd be @ THR this Saturday (hope you don't mind me sharing, Nick).. ;):DB)

I will not be able to make the races at THR this weekend. Am helping my son, Alan, move to Casper, Wyoming, where he will be the morning weatherman on KTWO-TV... Long trip. Today we drove from SA to Starkville, Mississippi, (Miss. State U) where his apartment is located - a 12-hour trip. I'll help him load and unload the Uhaul and share the driving chores on the three-day trip to Wyoming. I will not be back until Sunday some time.

Wishes for safe travels for the family, Nick!

Alan kinda grew up at San Antonio Speedway. He was one of those kids in the pits with their bikes seeing who could make the most dust. And he must have had 500 matchbox race cars that he'd race on an oval he'd build on the carpet. It's good to see the young man grow up straight and tall. Racing has a way of setting young men on that straight path to manhood.

Thanks to all who helped us raise Alan. Especially Ed Sczech and Anthony Jetter, two of the finest gentlemen who ever raced in Texas.

Nick

Archived