racing on the 22nd?

i agree, the payout should be better, but no one at either track races there as their sole profession so racing to get "further ahead" at either track dosen't make much sense.

dont make sense?!?! humm $175 over $250 or $350 if we have 10 cars. makes alot of sense to me

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i agree, the payout should be better, but no one at either track races there as their sole profession so racing to get "further ahead" at either track dosen't make much sense.

dont make sense?!?! humm $175 over $250 or $350 if we have 10 cars. makes alot of sense to me

i forgot there are those that race just for money

like i said "I AGREE THE PAYOUT SHOULD BE BETTER" however, i do not agree that TRP or any other track should pay $250 or $350 for a 4 car class. i don't mean any disrespect to anyone. you guys put on a hell of a show, but you are making it sound like you would race at a smaller track simply cause it pays a little more instead of racing a bigger, faster track. JMO

Can't say I blame him, at least if you break something it will pay for a little more of it. We don't all have infinite funds to spend.

i'm not "blaming" anyone. I'm just saying.... and as far as money goes, right now i don't think anyone out at track has infinite funds to spend

OK.. the complaint has been lodged. And lodged again. And again. Lighten up with the complaining, please.

I think we all get the point. Racers need money to survive. Of course, the track does too and it's always a tough balancing act to stay open and keep everyone happy. Naw... it's not a tough balancing act, it's an impossible balancing act.

Of course, purses help pay the bills, but if the track is not open what you have is another nail in the stock car racing coffin.

Nick

OK.. the complaint has been lodged. And lodged again. And again. Lighten up with the complaining, please.

I think we all get the point. Racers need money to survive. Of course, the track does too and it's always a tough balancing act to stay open and keep everyone happy. Naw... it's not a tough balancing act, it's an impossible balancing act.

Of course, purses help pay the bills, but if the track is not open what you have is another nail in the stock car racing coffin.

Nick

AGREED!!!

i dont know much but i have heard from several racers who raced last year and have not raced this year the pay is not their for me to race!!! ok what if the pay was increased and the number of pay slots reduced how many cars gets teched each race maybe pay only to 6th or so place and or reduce pay from 5th or 6th place to 25.00 this at least pays for pit pass to me paying the 4 or more slots to 10th place seems off what does other tracks do??

An old man lived in a quite neighborhood of mostly retired folks. But two new families with young kids moved in down the street and the kids were typical kids and loved to play in the street - racing their bikes, skateboard contests, making a racket all the time.

The old man didn't like all the noise so he came up with a plan.

The next day when the kids were outside racing their skateboards, the old man called them over and told them how much enjoyed them playing loudly in the street. And he gave them each a dollar. And told them that he'd pay them a dollar every day if they would just please keep playing loudly in the street in front of his house.

What a deal. This went on for a week or two and the old man gathered them up once again and told them they were doing a great job, and to show his appreciation, he was going to pay them two dollars a day from now on. The kids loved it!

But a few days later the old man called them over and told them that he had a financial setback and that he wouldn't be able to pay them any longer.

Totally pissed, the kids to a person vowed never to play loudly in the street in front of that old man's house ever again. "I'm taking my skateboard down the street and never coming back here again. That'll show him," was the sentiment.

Now, I know we're not talking skateboards here and I don't mean to imply that any track is conspiring to get rid of racers (just the opposite is true), but I think the same principal applies if you think about it. We'd race for nothing but we got used to getting paid to get our racing fix and now we're all bent out of shape if we don't get paid to race.

Right now the tracks are having a hard time surviving and here we are bitching and moaning and, frankly, boycotting a track over a few bucks.

Nick

it's more than boycotting a track for a few dollars issues arose with a few cars in a couple of classes and rules implied and everything seems as if the sky is falling we need to adjust to rules (safety)and keep on racing s.o.s. and t.r.p. is doing a great job but you know nick its all about money you wouldnt have this forum if their wasn't money in it right l.o.l....when you start collecting $$ send some our way only a few like you does it for love of racing....

I don't think tracks should be boycotted over money, but I can see why some would rather go to a track that pays more. I just got into this at the end of last season and I knew before I ever started it was a money pit. I don't see how anyone can truely expect to make money off of it. Maybe if you go win the feature every weekend and never break anything, but that isn't very likely. I guess you can do it cheap if you just wanna go play. If you wanna win though your gonna spend plenty.

Ok I'm not trying to boycot the race track. I want to see the track make it. I've been coming to this track since I was a kid. I remember my dad racing at SOS in the same class I do now then called "Sportsman". He was a 3 time track champion at SOS. I can remember growing up thinking all I wanted to do was to drive a car like he did. I want to see this class and the track continue to grow.

Bo

I think most everyone wants the track to succeed.

But getting on the internet and complaining about this or that does not help out in any way. Most complaints should be made in person to the folks that can actually rectify the situation rather than getting on a public board and complaining.

Nick

I don't think anyone is saying boycott a track.

I believe that the point Eric was trying to get across (and correct me if I'm wrong Eric) is that to race every week it gets real expensive and is really tough on equipment. SO, if you have to cut back to one track to run a consistant schedule it's tough to go with one that pays considerably less.

We know times are tough for tracks and surely they know times are tough for race teams.

My own opinion - from what I'm reading on here car counts are down everywhere and I believe that a 10 car count is a decent night (of course we would all love to see more) and is worthy of a full payout.

JMHO

Ok I'm not trying to boycot the race track. I want to see the track make it. I've been coming to this track since I was a kid. I remember my dad racing at SOS in the same class I do now then called "Sportsman". He was a 3 time track champion at SOS. I can remember growing up thinking all I wanted to do was to drive a car like he did. I want to see this class and the track continue to grow.

Bo

I came as a kid also. My dad used to race same class as your dad. Is kinda cool I got a car last year and now he got back into it too. We have Street Stocks though.

I came as a kid also. My dad used to race same class as your dad. Is kinda cool I got a car last year and now he got back into it too. We have Street Stocks though.

I'm trying to get my dad back into it too. Don't know if he will drive agin but at least he can help me on mine. :lol:

Nick,

I will have to say some of this has been addressed to the tracks and nothing gets done. Doing this is somewhat like getting a petition signed for your local congressman to make a change. Thats all I see the drivers are wanting. If tracks are to grow and obtain more racers and fans, they must make some sort of change.

OK, so the track has been unresponsive. Sometimes you get the call. Sometimes you don't.

But I'm here to tell you that Lone Star Speedzone is not here to provide a platform for those who have a problem with the track to pressure the owner/promoter into seeing things their way. We are here to provide a clean, well-moderated, non-bash site where information can be shared, news can be posted and, hopefully, where we can come and talk things over in a positive, constructive way.

Yes, I know that certain "wide open" racing forums have been successful (if that's the right word) in pressuring track owners/promoters into submission or even into closing up altogether. But is that really the goal?

Nick

Archived