Alamo Homes Car Show

SassyCassie14

Here are a few pictures that I took from saturdays Alamo Homes Car Show.

Thanks to everyone that showed up. We all had a great time.

Thank you to Alamo Homes in putting the whole thing together. Everyone there, was super nice to us. Looking forward to doing it again for sure.

#113 Hailee Marcs taking 1st place in best lookin car

post-3-1273519386.jpg

2nd place going to #31 George Reyes

post-3-1273519623.jpg

3rd place going to #14 Gary Hunter

post-3-1273519745.jpg

And here are a few other cars that were there as well.

Our other car #14 Gary Hunter

post-3-1273519919.jpg

#37 AJ Wernette

post-3-1273520024.jpg

#51 Greg Rohmer

post-3-1273520161.jpg

#88 Brandy Ramzinski

post-3-1273520316.jpg

#18 Shane Moore

post-3-1273520454.jpg

#40 Michael Lyons

post-3-1273520594.jpg

#48 Patrick Lyons (asphalt car)

post-3-1273520680.jpg

I would like to thank you all for showing up and spending part of your saturday with us here at Alamo Homes! I enjoyed it and know many of our customers enjoyed it as well! All of the cars looked great! If you have any ideas for promotions in the future please let me know as we look forward to many more promotions with the drivers of I-37!

who voted?

I'd like to know as well, seems like it's always more of most popular driver / family contest

....not taking anything away from those cars...they all look good

Well no relatives here except for two cars that didn't win anything...gonna go ahead and say there wasn't favoritism on our part!

yeah im curious about the voting as well. what was the criteria they judged on? no disrespect meant here, but how did acar painted all the same color with a little lettering, beat at least 2-3 really good looking cars with graphics and the whole 9 yards. really seems like the contest was a popularity contest, which is messed up. if thats what it is, call it the most popular driver contest and not best looking car contest. it is a nice looking car, but far from the best looking. like i said, no disrespect toward the winner, it is what it is.

We where there with our car, recieved more votes than expected. Still not enough, but had a good time getting to talk to everyone and just relax for a little while. I didnt have a problem with the voting. WE want to think everyone at ALAMO HOMES for thier hospitality and hope they do it again.

Thanks,

Shane Moore & Family

You "gentlemen" ARE whining. Alamo homes had a system for "their" guests to vote on the car of their choice. The person with the most tickets at the end of the show was the winner of the "The Best Looking Car" contest. Alamo Homes was the host to this event and they can make up the rules as they please. I think it was a fair way. Were any of you "gentleman" there to vote? If not, you should have gone to vote for your favorite car.

Why do any of you really care who won? Do any of you support I-37 Raceway by being a regular fan, driver, sponsor, worker? Everyone that races a race car puts alot of blood, sweat, tears, and money into their cars; not to mention the time that is spent. They do it because they LOVE the sport and can not get enough of it. Many of these drivers and their families volenteer to take their cars to shows, parades, Daytona parties even if there are no contests. They are doing it to represent and promote their track as they want to see the track be there to race. I-37 Raceway appreciates all of this extra time that is put into representing the track. We do not appreciate questioning of our good sponsors for how and what they do for our drivers, fans and track.

Joy Knudtson

Thanks Joy for defending my daughter, Hailee. She received most of her votes from women who love the color purple and in fact ALOT of the employees from Alamo Homes voted for her too as well other drivers in her class. I'm sure the fact that she is only 12 helped alot. SHE puts alot of work and time into HER car. Yes dad helps but she is out there shedding blood and sweat over it. In fact she almost lost part of her thumb the day after Christmas building her car. Sometimes people consider the heart and soul put into a car not the $$ spent.

My family attends almost every function that the track needs representation at and for any of you to downgrade her when none of you were even there is pitiful!!!

Lastly again all my family would like to THANK Alamo Homes for their hospitality!! Everyone was very gracious and went above and beyond to make everyone there comfortable. Hailee will carry the Alamo Homes Sponsorship with pride!!! Thanks again Alamo Homes!!

Kim Marcx

I wasn't able to make it out there Saturday, but I did notice that there is another thread on here of the drivers / owners that were there thanking Alamo Homes.

Just thought it was interesting that none of them were upset about Haley winning and their car not.

I'm just sayin.....

Its a shame you didn't make it Chris. You would have had a great time there, meeting some great folks at Alamo Homes.

There is always next time.

It was great seeing Hailee win the best lookin car. The smile on her face and her excitement said it all. Congrats girly!!! You earned it!!!

I would have liked to have made it out but working till 3pm prevented me from going... Thanks to Alamo Homes for putting this on and I hope the comments on this tread dont discourage further activities at the track.... BTW congrats the the Marx bunch and George better be ready to get that car dirty... :)

Marc

You "gentlemen" ARE whining. Alamo homes had a system for "their" guests to vote on the car of their choice. The person with the most tickets at the end of the show was the winner of the "The Best Looking Car" contest. Alamo Homes was the host to this event and they can make up the rules as they please. I think it was a fair way. Were any of you "gentleman" there to vote? If not, you should have gone to vote for your favorite car.

Why do any of you really care who won? Do any of you support I-37 Raceway by being a regular fan, driver, sponsor, worker? Everyone that races a race car puts alot of blood, sweat, tears, and money into their cars; not to mention the time that is spent. They do it because they LOVE the sport and can not get enough of it. Many of these drivers and their families volenteer to take their cars to shows, parades, Daytona parties even if there are no contests. They are doing it to represent and promote their track as they want to see the track be there to race. I-37 Raceway appreciates all of this extra time that is put into representing the track. We do not appreciate questioning of our good sponsors for how and what they do for our drivers, fans and track.

Joy Knudtson

No one is whining. We just gave are opinoin. It's great she won. And your preaching to the wrong croud. I have raced for many years and still do. Just not at I-37 anymore! It's just a little car contest and they were posted on this forum and your going to get replies when the pics are posted of the cars. I have spent the money, time, sweat and effort and driving with it coming out of my back pocket. Have you? We dont care who won. We just gave are opinion on the cars that the owners did put their lives into. Doesnt matter who won. LOL. Everyones car was presentable and Alamo homes did a good job promoting. The real whining was at SAS before it closed.

I would have liked to have made it out but working till 3pm prevented me from going... Thanks to Alamo Homes for putting this on and I hope the comments on this tread dont discourage further activities at the track.... BTW congrats the the Marx bunch and George better be ready to get that car dirty... :)

Marc

Marc, im working on getting rub rails and also getting MUDDY with you. Hope to see you soon.

Don't need rub rails just some bumper reinforcement lol...

I guess i do after that wild night of ''head on collisions'' last night of racing. Im having minor issues with this car, but im hoping to be ready for the 5th. I have the motivation of a turtle, but i'll get there soon. Remember im a Rookie on dirt.LOL.

I guess i do after that wild night of ''head on collisions'' last night of racing. Im having minor issues with this car, but im hoping to be ready for the 5th. I have the motivation of a turtle, but i'll get there soon. Remember im a Rookie on dirt.LOL.

oh great that should be interesting!!! lmao

Archived