Double File Restarts

fast18

For me last nights racing was a challenging experience. I got a break on the invert and was able to run 2nd until the first caution...then there was the double file restart. Then there were several more.... As a driver (for better or worse) I did like the way it mixed things up. I think the fans like it and I heard many comments on how good the races were last night.

The racing was much more like racing than in the past. The inverts surely helped and double file restarts added a new element of strategy. I bet we see more folks practicing up in the second groove during practice from here on out.

Nick

Well, I have never been one to hold in my thoughts, so why start

now.

See, I told you we were gonna mix it up and give you a

bang for your buck. ;)

So, Were you entertained?

I thought the racing was great. . . . . But, I work there, so I guess

I don't count.

I know we started out behind with the rain and all.

34 minutes to be exact.

But, Thanks to the Legacys having a Wonderful race, they get credit

for getting us back on track and a head of schedule.

All of the classes put on a heck of a show and they all kept the

program moving.

You guy and gals all rock.

I try not to "arm chair promote" because I've been on that side of pit wall in the past, but I have to give Mary Ann and her staff credit for dramatically improving the show last night. The races were over shortly after the clock struck 10 and the fans were on their feet at the finish of several of the races.

And, WOW, I had some of that catfish last night and it was really good. I mean really good.

And all the family oriented stuff is adding a whole new dimension to the show. Kids all over the place having a great time. This is the stuff that breeds new fans and new drivers.

Keep us the good work THR.

Nick

I try not to "arm chair promote" because I've been on that side of pit wall in the past, but I have to give Mary Ann and her staff credit for dramatically improving the show last night. The races were over shortly after the clock struck 10 and the fans were on their feet at the finish of several of the races.

And, WOW, I had some of that catfish last night and it was really good. I mean really good.

And all the family oriented stuff is adding a whole new dimension to the show. Kids all over the place having a great time. This is the stuff that breeds new fans and new drivers.

Keep us the good work THR.

Nick

HEAR! HEAR!

i'd like to have the heat races back...it's more racing for us fans.

and, i like having just 3 double-file restarts then the single file after that...seems like things get chaotic when there are more than 3 of them...maybe drivers getting frustrated and impatient? that's just my guess...but it seems to work well with just the first 3...

as for inverting...i like it...makes it more competitive and a lot more fun for us fans to watch! it tends to get boring when the fastest car is on the front row then runs away with the race...

i'd like to have the heat races back...it's more racing for us fans.

and, i like having just 3 double-file restarts then the single file after that...seems like things get chaotic when there are more than 3 of them...maybe drivers getting frustrated and impatient? that's just my guess...but it seems to work well with just the first 3...

as for inverting...i like it...makes it more competitive and a lot more fun for us fans to watch! it tends to get boring when the fastest car is on the front row then runs away with the race...

Having the "CONE" out during the double file restarts really shuffles the field. HMP puts it out with one to go and once you commit, that's where you are. Makes for some good racing. I would like to see THR do that for all classes including the touring series. I lthink it would add excitement for the fans AND the driver's. JMO.

I've always played the hand dealt to me and saturday night was no different. I know the racing was more exciting for the spectators and it was fun for me. I was running second for several laps til the first caution but I had to deal with the outside groove on the restart...and even though I got shuffled back it was fun working my way forward.

Having the "CONE" out during the double file restarts really shuffles the field. HMP puts it out with one to go and once you commit, that's where you are. Makes for some good racing. I would like to see THR do that for all classes including the touring series. I lthink it would add excitement for the fans AND the driver's. JMO.

I've always played the hand dealt to me and saturday night was no different. I know the racing was more exciting for the spectators and it was fun for me. I was running second for several laps til the first caution but I had to deal with the outside groove on the restart...and even though I got shuffled back it was fun working my way forward.

I know the cone works at HMP, but Mickey answered why it may not work at THR.

i like what Blue Moon said in the begining about the cone... thats what they do here in Va, you commit at the start/finish to which lane you want to take, if 6 ppl take the inside and the 7th person takes outside, he just took a gamble to try and make up 5 spots (starting on the outside of 1st car)... they did qualifying with only inverting up to the top 4 here the other night, so the 4 fastest cars took off, so those commitment cone double file restarts were what made the racing actually good...

-Shawn

Archived