ROMCO TIRES

Bar2248

Eddie,

Those running the stiff RR spring and large sway bar set up at SAS may find their RR getting too hot especially on mid-summer race dates. It may not be too bad in April when the ambient tempuratures are lower, but the higher tire temps generated by the McCrearys together with the hot track temp could well lead to blistering problems. At least that is what we found to be true when we used to run the McCrearys in the TIDA LM series (the old days) as well as during our SAS tire tests.

Not to take away from the McCrearys. They do have better tread wear and they really do very well up north where the track conditions are typically much cooler.

Nick Holt

Your right Nick, the big R/R spring high cross set-up will probably over heat the right rear. At SAS the high right rear spring rates are not as help full as it is at some other tracks anyway. I think lower pressures are going to be a must to let the heat build slower.

I think the tires may be a little faster than the Hoosiers. I did not see any problem with blistering. As a matter of fact, the more heat they gained, the faster they were.

Archived