Bringing more Kids into our sport

NewRacer

Here is something i noticed a few years back , and I have been watching it every sence.

About 5 years ago I noticed that the grand stands did not have many teen agers , or childeren between the age of 4- 12 coming to the races.

There were a few, but nothing like it had been when we started racing.

Over the past few years at THR I have noticed more Teen agers getting ito the sport & filling the grand stands. I see a great deal of younger children now.

This may not seem like a big deal , but if you do not get the kids involved in raceing & get them hooked at a young age you may loose your next round of racers.

Most of the people that come out to the track (THR ) to race or watch the races has done so for many years.

I would like to see a pole one sat night take at THR to see how many people in the grandstands it is their first time to the track.

I do not know what my point is , but I am glad to see more kids getting involved it the sport on the local level.

That will help our sport stay alive.

Victory Lane

We are trying to reach out to the kids and get a new generation of race fans started. I know I had my first exposure to racing at a young age and have very fond memories of that. I think that's why I'm hooked on it today. We did one drivers appearance at Dahlstrom Middle School, in the Hays School district last week. We got great response from the kids and they showed a lot of enthusiasm about racing. Some of those kids will recieve tickets to come out to the race track; many of them for the first time. We have another drivers appearance scheduled next week at Wallace Middle School in Kyle. I hope that we can also make an appearance at the Hays High School and invite the teenage kids out to Thunder Hill. It takes a lot to plan for these appearances and it requires the cooperation of our drivers to help out with that. The first appearance was a successful and thanks to those drivers for helping out. I hope we can get more kids coming to the track and their parents can make it a family event. It would be good for local racing. Chuck is doing a great job setting up these events and many others.

Greg

I know that Chuck has many events planned for this season , and I see a bunch of great things happening at the track.

I am glad to hear that the track is doing appearences at Local Schools.

When our car is finished we will vollenteer to go out to some schools as well.

Victory Lane

I love talkin to kids about racing. I started when I was 7 and I am stil goin today. I would like to have my truck at a school where I could show it off to the kids and anwswer their questions but its hard to get off work to do it. But if there is anything I could do on the weekends that we're not racin to help with kids and teach them about racin and get them interested I would be up for it.

Archived