texas motor speedway dirt track

zoom

Mark, TMS dirt Track hasn't run during NA$CAR weekend for many years.....Don't know why considering they have a "captive" audience of campers.....and we all know how men, after several adult beverages, are drawn to the sounds of high performance engines like moths to the porch light.....LOL

NASCAR fans do not like dirt in there beer. They like rubber instead.

As far as the later stages of the race season. There has been no real official press release or announcements pertaining to the race event that is supposed to happen in September. Mean while, we all will be sitting on our hands and wait to hear something.

As Reb stated, "captive" audience. I was there years ago when the Wed. night WoO or UDTRA LM race was rained out and run Saturday night. The place was packed, and seen lots faces in disbelief cars going round the track on 3 wheels...... Back in the day!

I'll agree that in the latter stages that the WoO Sprints were overpriced, but I don't recall them charging for parking(yet-lol). Most were walk-ins from the campgrounds anyway.

The UDTRA show(Wolf Brand Chili 100) was awesome, but they quit running the Late Models and went to Sprints exclusively.

As far as overall costs.....with they way they try to "give away" NA$CAR tix nowdays to try to fill the place up I think they could make it work again.

Here's the rub......TMS is used to making a 6 or 7-figure profit margin racing on the big track.....The Dirt Track can't sustain that so, to them, it's a waste of time and manpower even though all local tracks that I know of would be extremely pleased with a 5-figure profit for a weekend show.

That, plus the year I went up the busch race was letting out, and it was cold and windy that night also. A lot may have had their fill for the day at that point already, it took me about 2 hours to get on to the property as it was.

Archived