THR revised schedule

car05

Why arent the THR street stocks or the THR LM included in the Spectacular? It seems as though the track wants the drivers to loyal to them, but when it comes time to be loyal to the drivers, of THR, track management would rather have dwarfs and legacys. I don't have anything against either of these classes, I just don't understand why they were included in our track's "big race night" and none of the THR regulars were. I don't mean to come down on THR too hard, they have made huge improvements this year, but would like for them to consider this issue.

I've got to agree with Marc 100% on this one. Last year, we raced two 25 lap feature races in the Spectacular. I realize there are contractual considerations at work here, but if the main idea is to put on some good racing, the Street Stocks should be included in this event. Also, I don't see any time trial dates on the schedule. Are those gone for this season?

One more suggestion and I'll shut up :rolleyes: - We've already had two rainouts in the first 4 weeks of racing and there are certainly more to come. How about racing on June 12 for the local classes and maybe a makeup for the TAMS or something like that? June 12 is already listed on the TAMS schedule anyway. What is going on at TMS that could be all that important? IRL, come on!!!

my .02,

Chase

Yea the streets have been in almost every spectacular. Why change now? Are yall afraid it might run to late? Its a spectacular its suppost to be lots of good racing. I think if the fans pay for a ticket they wont mind staying a little bit later for some good racing.

I realize the Hobby Stock class is lower then the street stock cars but I would add up to any strret stock the amount of time i put into my car to race. I WANT TO RACE THE LAST SPECTACULAR AS WELL...... Even SA has room for the cars of there own on the major dates..... I will always think the locals should come first, but guess thats just a loyalty thing i grew up with...If I cant race at my own track on a major race date,,, at least I can pull to S.A for October fest.. Some cars in the past never came back...

jamie37,

You would be very suprised at the number of fans that, if they can only make it out to the races 7-8 times a year, make sure the Dwarfs are running those nights.

You should actually watch those guys run. CLOSE, FAST, FOUR WIDE EXCITEMENT!!!

Jamie dont knock the dwarfs if you havent actually sat down and watched them race. I used to race dwarfs and have now moved onto trucks but they put on a good show and run anywhere from 3 to 4 wide. I remember when we did run dwarfs we used to show up at tracks and they would have us write down how many people we prought with us and how many people we knew we had in the stands so we could show promoters that we put people in the stands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like the Super Star Spectacular is a race for everyone else being hosted @ our "local" track. Nothing against everyone else. But what about our local drivers - Hobby, Street & Late Models - that have put their hard earned money into the track every week? Aren't they the ones that helped get the track cleaned up? Don't they bring their friends, family & crew every week (or almost)? I think if the track is going to be open to racers, why don't the locals get to race? Everyone wants to promote "local" racing - but when it comes to the BIG race - local racers aren't good enough? If THR is worried about it running too long, then make it a 2 day race. But whatever you do, include the locals.

car05,

Why arent the THR street stocks or the THR LM included in the Spectacular?

Marc -- When someone else asked a similar question earlier, the answer from Brian and Jim was that no decision had been made about our THR classes running the Spectacular. I don't think that decision has been made yet.

Nick Holt

BRIAN AND JIM -PLEASE LET THE STREET STOCKS RACE THE SPETACULAR...

WOO-THAT FELT GOOD!

Hey Brian and Jim please let the Street stocks race in the STOCK CAR SPECTACULAR. They've done it for a while now it would'nt hurt anything it would actually help the track get more money think about it.......

My two bits

not even May yet and everybody bitching about a race Sept 25th- :P and ask Brian in a nice way like corvette john said- if you can race the Sept 25th race and that you will buy a pit pass for $26 each and pay a $100 entry fee so you can have a good payout.It might work- :D

Archived