Bomber Feature Race

DPS Coupe

Ok, check this out. I finished second place on my heat race, then I won my Feature race. But get this, I didnt get any money at the end of the night because I passed the Tech line over all the excitment of me getting my first win ever. It took me five minutes to realize I didnt get my car Teched so I went back and talked to the tech guy and he understood. But the owner, OWEN said he could not help me because Thats consider cheating! What in the world could I possibly do to my car in a five minute time span that would be considered cheating???????? The Tech saw my car five minutes after the race and approved there was no cheating. All I want to know is what could I do to my car in five minutes? ANYONE?????

it may be less about what you "could" have done and more about what you didnt do. Rules are rules, and if he lets you slide, a mod or limited mod...classes where you can change A WHOLE LOT in 5 min to pass tech...would have a valid argument to not be dqed as well. Sucks, but thats part of it. Good thing is....that will probably never happen to you again.

congrats on your win none the less

There are a few things you can change & add & or take off in 5 mins. But in your class I'm not for sure.

But congrats on your first ever win!!! Even if it doesn't get overturnned, you know and everyone that watched you race, knows you won that race. Wtg!!!

That is standard at every track I have ever been associated with. You go to tech or you get DQ'd.

I am sorry that in the heat of the excitement you bypassed the tech area - and that is completely understandable. But the track has the obligation to follow its rules. Even if you didn't change a thing on the car, the fact is that you had a chance to if you were trying to get around a rule or two.

You asked what you could have done during that five minute period. Well, I'm not admitting to anything, but I've heard stories of lead-filled driver's fire suit tops that were exchanged for the actual one the driver wore during the race. And a bottle of mercury placed in the right side between the door panel and the roll cage.. Stuff like that.

I'm not saying you did any of those things, just explaining one of the reasons the "report to tech" rule is in force at tracks all over the country.

Nick

I got DQ'd last night also. Made me mad at the time but I applaud Owen for sticking to the rules. He DQ'd someone last week for weight so he really couldn't let me slide with it either. That would have been totally hypocritical. Congrats on the win also!

Happened to me also in my first season of driving. They were scaling cars and I went onto the scales and got weighed. The tech guy told me to go on. I thought that was the full tech for that night and drove off toward my pit. My buddy knew better and ran across the pits and waved me back toward the tech area. I never stopped the car or pulled in to my pit, just made a loop. Got dq'd. I was pissed. But rules are rules. And don't think that your racing buddies have any sympathy for your brain fart. Lots of people are watching to see what the track will do and are just waiting to bitch one way or the other.

Archived