WANTED: 70's Houston Modified Club Supermodified

Rocketracer

Any info on the whereabouts of any of the Houston Modified Clubs cars from the 70's would greatly be appreciated. I know someone who is looking for one to restore and in particular the Hugh Richards driven yellow #22 and or later became blue #1 that was owned by I think Clay Reeves. I have also find out it was then owned by Murray Kelley from Brazoria, who later sold it but is not sure who bought it. It's like most of these cars and owners/drivers just disappeared. Thanks.

post-2867-1268844313.jpg

post-2867-1268844337.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Rocketracer,

There are many, many pics from Meyer on here from '59 through '79, scattered among many threads.

I would suggest you go to the upper right and click on the button "SEARCH". When the box pops up type in "SUPER" or "SUPER-MODIFIEDS" and see what it brings up for you. :)

• 11 months later...
Any info on the whereabouts of any of the Houston Modified Clubs cars from the 70's would greatly be appreciated. I know someone who is looking for one to restore and in particular the Hugh Richards driven yellow #22 and or later became blue #1 that was owned by I think Clay Reeves. I have also find out it was then owned by Murray Kelley from Brazoria, who later sold it but is not sure who bought it. It's like most of these cars and owners/drivers just disappeared. Thanks.

post-2867-1268844313.jpg

post-2867-1268844337.jpg

My Father Clay Reeves Built the 22 and Hugh was an amazing driver, I loved growing up around all the drivers and cars. I don't remember who my father sold the 22 to. I don't know how long he kept the 22 after moving to Dallas but Ill ask my mother if she has any idea. If an one knows where Hugh Richards is I wold love to see what has become of him.

• 3 weeks later...
Darcy,do you have any pics of your dad's car? I have wondered what happened to Clay and Hugh also.

My father passed away a few years back. Hugh is still in Alabama, I am trying to get back in touch with him. I do have one large format picture of the 22 and my mother has the rest. If I have a chance to get copies ill add them to the site.

Archived