Flipper Simulator Road Tour

blaylock7b

I have been in contact with Paul from the Ryan Bard Safety Foundation and a few owners/promoters, and we are looking into getting the simulator to a few tracks. Edna is on the list of stops, but only if there is a sufficient demand. We'd love to get it there, but we can't do it for 1 or 2 people. So what do you say? We'd do it on a regular race night, be there all night, and probably do a run or two on the front straight during intermission for the fans, and a practice run for the safety crew. We did that in McAllen for the Nationals and it was a great learning tool for everyone. What are your thoughts?

I have been in contact with Paul from the Ryan Bard Safety Foundation and a few owners/promoters, and we are looking into getting the simulator to a few tracks. Edna is on the list of stops, but only if there is a sufficient demand. We'd love to get it there, but we can't do it for 1 or 2 people. So what do you say? We'd do it on a regular race night, be there all night, and probably do a run or two on the front straight during intermission for the fans, and a practice run for the safety crew. We did that in McAllen for the Nationals and it was a great learning tool for everyone. What are your thoughts?

Just sent you a PM. Thanks!

I'm real happy to provide the simulator for this facility, and look forward to working with the track to make it happen. We have pulled to tracks just to wind up watching races since nobody felt it important enough to get the practice doing something that makes you nervous. The owner and promoter have expressed an interest and desire, but how about you drivers? EMS? Fire/rescue? It's a long and unpaid adventure for me to come from Aztec, NM and I'm willing, but it's heartbreaking to invest in the trip just to watch racing. You have a kid in a mini? I invite you to get on here and let me know whether or not to make the trip, it's for YOU, and you, and you!! Let me know.

Archived