quiet

HiTech

Thanks for the break! I spent the afternoon at the track did what I enjoy most... solving handling problems on a couple of race cars.

Nick

where at nick?

nick hangs out at thunder hill ....anyway nick your welcome on that break .. see we have a heart ..we really do care aboult you ..

where at nick?

I was at Thunderhill for their play day. Next week I should be in Houston for the season opener at HMP. After that I hope to hit a dirt track or two. I first started racing on the dirt when I was still in high school. We called 'em jalopies back then, but it was a blast. To me, racing on dirt is more fun than racing on asphalt, but the asphalt is more technical and requires quite a bit more suspension engineering background to really go fast.

I love figuring out what's wrong with a race car and getting it to go fast. Nothing earthshaking - no rocket science, no trick of the week. Usually it's simply a matter of figuring out what's binding, bottoming or pointing in the wrong direction, and figuring out what springs the car/track is needing. Once we get in that ballpark, it's a matter of tuning and, as Rick Rapp was so fond of say, "going in direction of" with whatever changes are made.

You may think I'm loving this forum admin stuff, but to tell you the truth, it's a royal pain in the butt. I'd much rather be working on race cars than doing live updates on the 'puter...

Nick

Archived