LBP win another 24hrs of Daytona

4racing

This should be top of the headlines on Lone Star Speedzone! What a great story could be told about Lozano Brothers Porting of San Antonio involvement in TransAm, NASCAR Craftsman Trucks, TIDA, Harley-Davidson motorcycles, Aramendia Motorsports, etc. And now to build a one-of-a-kind Porsche V-8 race winning engine!

Nick, this begs for a special LSS interview with Mike Lozano.

The Daytona Prototype Action Express Racing Riley-Porsche took the overall win. This was unusual since the Riley-Porsche was powered by a Porsche Cayenne SUV based 5.0 liter V8. Porsche refused to develop the V8 for Grand-Am competition and was, instead, built by the Texas-based Lozano Brothers. Since it was not officially sanctioned by Porsche, the company will not technically claim the win.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_24_Hours_of_Daytona

This should be top of the headlines on Lone Star Speedzone! What a great story could be told about Lozano Brothers Porting of San Antonio involvement in TransAm, NASCAR Craftsman Trucks, TIDA, Harley-Davidson motorcycles, Aramendia Motorsports, etc. And now to build a one-of-a-kind Porsche V-8 race winning engine!

Nick, this begs for a special LSS interview with Mike Lozano.

The Daytona Prototype Action Express Racing Riley-Porsche took the overall win. This was unusual since the Riley-Porsche was powered by a Porsche Cayenne SUV based 5.0 liter V8. Porsche refused to develop the V8 for Grand-Am competition and was, instead, built by the Texas-based Lozano Brothers. Since it was not officially sanctioned by Porsche, the company will not technically claim the win.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_24_Hours_of_Daytona

Couldn't agree more, Larry. Someone needs to wriite a Lozano Brothers story and send it to me. I'll publish it on the front page in a country second! Wait! You're a good writer. Have at it, sir!

Mike and Ben built a kick butt engine for Ed Sczech back when they were just moving from drag racing to other venues and I have been a Lozano Brothers fan ever since. Back when I was writing for the San Antonio Light, I wrote a Lozano Brothers story but I couldn't find it in the pile of articles I wrote for the Light over the years. And I think I gave them some good ink back when they were running the San Antonio Grand Prix. Several cars were running their engines as I recall.

I wonder if someone has already written a story that I can post...

Nick

Your wish is my command, Larry. Here's the story on the front page of Lone Star Speedzone thanks to Charles Agar of The Herald-Zeitung. Click here for the story and a pic.

Nick