Adult mini stocks at Texana?

Racer '77

Was wondering if there is any interest in an adult mini-stock class to be run at Texana Raceway Park. I know there are some in the Corpus area and maybe Houston area. Let us know if there is some interest in starting this class up. We currenty run mini-stocks for just the youth 13 to 16 yrs old. Thank you!

Count us in for being interested in the class. We have a jr. ministock right now that might be a little underpowered for an adult class, but we'd take our chances and participate for the fun of it. Might be a little under-powered, but with the right driver behind the wheel, we might be able to make up for some of the motor.. ;) .. If this ends up being a go, we'd likely purchase a 2nd mini-stock and plan to run both of them in the adult class at the same time. So, you could count us in for 2 adult runners if it happens

If they are set up to run all 11 points nights, we wouldn't be able to promise we'd make all events. We'd be doing it for fun as our family schedule and other racing schedule allows and not making a promise to run all 11 nights. You could probably count on us for a once a month.

Anyway, we are interested in this as a fun adult class.

Im kinda with monty...I always wondered why this class has lost popularity...I would prefer to see some kinda class that would allow the jr mini cars to run (possibly w/parents driving)...and the front runner type cars to run...dont really think there should be a big engine rule like some adult classes...but if the jr mini rules were updated to reflect the rules at pretty much every other track that runs jr minis...then I think that would be good place to start

I have absolutely no dog in this fight whatsoever, I have never even been to this track, but I have a question.

Why not run the exact same cars in Jr Mini and Mini Stocks?

Let the kids have a go for their feature, and then Dad, Mom, or whoever gets in and tears it up in the "regular" class. The same car, two classes and two drivers. And if there is only a kid running the car, when they "age out" of the Jr. Mini, they can get folded right into the Mini class. Or vice versa, and adult running Mini Stock, gives a kid a shot in the Jr Minis. Share the ride, share the costs, and have more racers in more classes. It would also give the cars more longevity.

Just a thought.

Please, everyone stay safe,

Bill "Sarge" Masom

.....Why not run the exact same cars in Jr Mini and Mini Stocks?

Let the kids have a go for their feature, and then Dad, Mom, or whoever gets in and tears it up in the "regular" class.....

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Yep. I'm with ya. As long as the seat works for both drivers this would be easy. In our situation for example, if this was to come to pass, we'd keep a car Jr. Mini legal, and let my nephew drive it in the Jrs., and then an adult drive it in the adult class. Again, our car might be a little underpowered for the adult class that we keep Jr. Mini legal, but we'd be willing to take our chances and and go for the fun of it. Or, if the rules were the same for both groups, I guess it wouldn't matter, but I suspect that would hurt the ability to draw some of the adult minis that are up and down the coast and already built.

I like what flagger is doing by gauging interest for something like this before moving on it. It sounds like an interesting concept to me, but if there wasn't at least 10 cars participating and doing this, it will be pretty boring. Thus again, I like flagger's approach on throwing out the topic and gauging interest.

Was wondering if there is any interest in an adult mini-stock class to be run at Texana Raceway Park. I know there are some in the Corpus area and maybe Houston area. Let us know if there is some interest in starting this class up. We currenty run mini-stocks for just the youth 13 to 16 yrs old. Thank you!

we would probably build a car or so but lets not get crazy with motors maybe close to mini motors out now...

Archived